VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please enlighten me on the reason and purpose of a habitation certificate ? My insurance company has not requested this . Their only stipulation was that I must have a fire extinguisher available and kept in the van . Thanks

·
Registered
206 Posts
From my experience with motorhomes it is to let you know that there is no damp ingress and that your gas and electric is all safe.
Brian

·
Registered
206 Posts
Also meant to say some insurance companies ask for a gas certificate, which I think this covers.
Brian

·
Registered
380 Posts
I think it's only companys that hire vans out for commercial gain that must have them on their campers. My insurance company has never asked.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We are the seventh owners of a 2.4D Swift conversion with a 2 burner hob, 3 way fridge, cascade water heater and a propex heater. It came with plenty of documentation from all but owner number six. I had a habitation check for peace of mind to minimise being zapped on EHU or blown up when the gas is connected.
Despite camping in loads of UK and French sites, I have never been asked for any documentation. However, I know someone who went to two German campsites and was refused entry unless they could show a current habitation certificate for their T4 Autosleeper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts