VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And am absolutely gutted.had my stereo stolen and the exces on insurancdd is 250... It was a brill stereo that played dvds thru a screen in the back of the van.I'm 6months pregnant and cud do without this! Sory to moan I know it wnt feel as bad tomoro.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Sorry to hear this. My first car was a 1.1 Fiesta Fresco (Limited Edition!) I made an acoustic shelf out of some carbootsale speakers, a piece of MDF and an old black corduroy skirt my mum gave me. The stereo packed up and was at the repair shop, parked the car in a multi storey on a Sunday afternoon and some thieving git smashed my window to nick my shelf! :eek:

Got back to the car, now not only did I have no stereo, I had no speakers!!!! Plus it rained on my way home. :( Auto glass man was very good and sorted my window out in no time the next day. T:

I don't have decent stereos anymore. PUG 206 still has the factory jobbie after 10 years, the T4 has an £89 Ripspeed unit! H:

I hope your luck changes. T:

Ian. :D

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, thing is they probably sold it for like £20! anyway, they broke in to the van outside my work wich s the youth jusice service... not the cleverest move ever. No doubt they will get caught, hopefully not put on my caseload though!!

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
yeah, thing is they probably sold it for like £20! anyway, they broke in to the van outside my work wich s the youth jusice service... not the cleverest move ever. No doubt they will get caught, hopefully not put on my caseload though!!
If they were you could give um lots of grief...I:.....:D

Still look at it this way,not long now til you can have a few months off.....have a rest and that.....take things easy.....LOL:LOL:LOL:

I:....

:ILU:

·
i am t4lwb steve
2,832 Posts
may have a useable s/h cd radio i can send do to you if you want me to have a look for ya T:

just let us know thro' :ILU:the pm system

·
Registered
362 Posts
My last car was a ford orion and some bugger broke in and stole a packet of monster munch and a mars bar................they must have had the munchies!!!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
may have a useable s/h cd radio i can send do to you if you want me to have a look for ya T:

just let us know thro' :ILU:the pm system
thanks for that, i THINK ive got a spare dc player in the attic somewhere so might be ok, if nto I will be in touch! thank you!
just a shame I can't run the monitor in the back without a DVD up front, but hey ho these things happen and lets face it, could have been a lot worse.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If they were you could give um lots of grief...I:.....:D

Still look at it this way,not long now til you can have a few months off.....have a rest and that.....take things easy.....LOL:LOL:LOL:

I:....

:ILU:
yeah I keep looking forward to my loooong holiday then people remind me of the reality of it all!! can't wait tho!!

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Cat - Listen, I am have been trying to sell my old Kenwood head unit and CD Changer for ages.

I would much see this go to a good home rather than someone get it for next to nowt on ebay, if you want the head unit and changer, then they are yours - but I promised the speaker box to my Bruv ok

I won't be offended if you don’t want them, but they may do as a stop gap T:

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13787

Jimbo

·
Registered
517 Posts
im gutted for you cat but congrats on gonna be a mummy T:, real good to see some real big hearted ppl on here too offerin a replacement stereo :ILU:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BIIIG thank you to Jimbo for kindly sending me his stereo/ cd unit... really really kind of you Jim! Jon couldn't believe it when I told him! It arrived on Saturday, and will be in the van this week! I drove to Crewe Saturday with no music in the van and oh my life the journey dragged!

So thank you Jimbo, really appreciate it! A:A:A:T:T:T:

Let me know how i can pay the postage!

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Glad it turned up ok, as I say, rather see someone enjoy it than it sit on the side gathering dust. Anyway, your more than welcome, look at this as an early christening present if you like :D

Best of luck guys

Jimbo

1 - 17 of 17 Posts