VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just about to embark on removing the half bulkhead in my SWB T4 , any top tips ?.... i was just going to cut it out with a slitter disc as thought would be impossible to drill all welds without going through van body...any advise / experiences welcomed.

·
Registered
85 Posts
grindin sparks and glass dont go ,be careful . grind the spot welds and use a thin chisel or nice heavy duty screw driver.shouldnt take long .

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks chaps, succesfully removed... oh and also managed to lower front end too... think i'm on that slippery T4 custom route, dont tell the missus I:

·
Registered
1 Posts
just removed my factory fitted full height bulkhead from my T4.. i wasn't looking forward to it but after carefully removing the seats, seatbelts, covering the dash, winding the windows down and opening the doors wide i had a go.. took my time using a Makita reciprocating saw and carefully cut it out..fewer sparks and a neat finish.. had to use the grinder a couple of times but other than that it wasn't too bad.. ordered some 'push on trim' to tidy the cut edge and it will look mint.. job done..best part of the day including a good tidy up..

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Anyone doing this also might cover any rear windows. The dozy muppets that I bought my van from had ground the bulkhead out from the rear, after fitting brand new windows. :eek:
I am now the only T4 owner with custom textured glass! I:
PMSL
I have a pair of specks like that

textured with melted blobs of steel that is

Andy

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
spot weld drill doesn't work well, as they aren't spot welds. i just chiselld it out, then ground away at the welds with a grinder and unpicked all the left over edges.

a nice thick blanket over you keeps the sparks off everything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts