VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!
Bought my first T4 a few weeks back, a CMC conversion. The leisure battery was knackered so I replaced it with a Halfords 110Amp hour one. I refitted it where the original one was in the cupboard, just in front of the wheel arch. After reading up more, I discovered the fact that you are supposed to vent them due to the hydrogen given off when charged. Also because it's lighter than air, simply drilling ventholes through the floor would not work. There are no vent holes etc in the cupboard, so it looks like the old one was never vented. Have checked the battery and there are no holes to fit pipes to the outside of the van. What is the best solution??... I'm a little stuck!

Cheers

Justin

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention, I emailed Halfords and the technical team recommended that the battery should have some sort of ventilation. Also it's not a standard split charge, but running with a Zig unit.

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
There should be a 5mm hole on each end of the battery in the top edge. You push in a venting tube which you can exit through the slam vent behind the wheel arch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts