VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's taken a ridiculously long time and I'm not entirely sure why.

You'll find the first part of the tale here: http://picasaweb.google.com/SumDoood

Once you've selected the album I suggest you go to

Slideshow

F11

Pause then

Click forward on the arrows.

Sometimes the captions get sleepy and don't bother to appear. A wiggle of the cursor will bring them back (but not all images have captions!)

I'll still be editing and adding, so if I've missed something, do let me know.

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
Thats some road trip your doing there fella,wheres' your final destination?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, folks. This time last year we'd just set off across France and Spain. The foul weather caused us to miss out some planned locations en route, but it wasn't all grim, as you'll see.

I feel I should apologise for including samey shots, but on the road there is a lot of samey-ness, so I'm hoping it makes for greater accuracy than simply trying to make a place look pretty. Some poor quality shots are included because it's unlikely we'll go back and take better ones.... Well, there's so much of Europe left to see.

There will be even better sand dune shots in Pt II. We continued through the Atlas mountains, to Marrakesh and out to Essaouira before zooming back up the coast and into Spain again.

·
Registered
986 Posts
That takes me back.
Been over to Morocco 4/5 times. Essaouira is a lovely place and loved trekking over the High Atlas mountains. Was so refreshing to find snow on top as it was sooooo hot during the trek. Chefchaouen up in the Rif mountains was a very laid back place and beautiful.

Be great to go back in the van. Enjoy matey. :ILU: T:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That takes me back.
Been over to Morocco 4/5 times. Essaouira is a lovely place and loved trekking over the High Atlas mountains. Was so refreshing to find snow on top as it was sooooo hot during the trek. Chefchaouen up in the Rif mountains was a very laid back place and beautiful.

Be great to go back in the van. Enjoy matey. :ILU: T:
Yes, just do it! Ours was an organised trip - I've never done one before amd I'll never do another. We did benefit from the organiser's local knowledge, but it was far from essential. And it was strange, very unadventurous to be surrounded by Brits and to have no need to organise anything ourselves.

The holiday was a big expensive treat. For three or four years we'd planned to do it. I soon realised the man who ran the tour was an of the first and ancient order of s, but more than one couple on the tour said they'd been on other tours much worse arranged. It wouldn't be difficult for readers to work out the details, but I've decided not to give the firm a mention at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts