VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a few cans of Hammerite stone chip knocking around and was thinking of spraying my T4 roof with it. I am just a bit concerned as to whether it will crack and peel as it will be in direct sunlight ( well, we might get a sunny day, I live in hope ).

Has anyone used it on the roof and has it lasted ? It says on the can it wont split or peel but I`d rather hear it from folks that have used it on their own vans.

Cheers Rasp:

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I wouldn't there is only one thing hammerite make that is good the rust cure all the other products are ****. Well in terms of rust proofing anyway. I use pucker Trade stuff 2 pack paints now they do stop your car rusting and will not peel they use them on oil rigs out in the north sea! Rasp:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its got quite a few chips on it and it faded a lot too. The rest of the van has a red and black theme, the main body being red with a black lower, black wheels etc. Thought it would look in keeping with the van and tidy it up too, just a bit concerned it may crack and peel in the sun

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
just a bit concerned it may crack and peel in the sun
I would think it's not been designed or tested for continued exposure to sunlight / UV rays ( you dont get much of this on the underside of a vehicle I: ) so at a guess I would think it will eventually degrade and crack.

Have you ever tried to get this stuff off?

From first hand experience it is a complete pain and would probably wreck yuor roof in doing so.

If it was me I would try to sell on the stone chip paint and use the cash to buy some black paint for your roof :ILU:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers folks, Im off to buy myself some cans of black spray paint A:

Anyone interested in 6 cans of hammerite stone chip ? I:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts