VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Re: any one local Lee on solent / fareham got poptop & awning channel pls?

No problem. I can't see it would be to much difference on a T5. Depends what rail you use. I believe the funky leisure one will sit in your gutter same as mine. Saturday morning is good to see mine. Let me know.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Re: need decent honest service garage lee on solent / fareham / gosport area pls

speak to TH Performance on here mate they are great

·
Registered
261 Posts
Re: need decent honest service garage lee on solent / fareham / gosport area pls

Can also recommend Titchfield Motor Works mate. Always been honest and very reliable and have worked on my Van and my Mk2 Golf

·
Registered
196 Posts

Elkins motors Stubbington, always served me well.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Re: any one local Lee on solent / fareham got poptop & awning channel pls?

thanks for the kind offer Ed,
i've wimped out on putting the ali section in the gutter after being shown a photo of the chaffing damage it did to the poptop canvas on a long journey..eek
so have bitten the bullet & ordered the vw cali rail to glue to the side
thanks for offering , regards Jane T:

·
Pendle Performance Main Agent
1,135 Posts
Thanks mate, was a pleasure doing it.

We do offer special deals on other stuff for the T4/T5 Hampshire mob, all they have to do is ask. I:

Regards

Terry

·
Registered
36 Posts
Anyone know the most favourable main stealer that will not jerk me around on a pain warranty? I've been to Breeze in Southampton and got stonewalled on a 18 month old van with a few spots of rust coming through (which on a white van looks horrid). Willing to travel anywhere from Poole to Portsmouth.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'de defo recommend Terry at TH Performance for tuning. He managed to fit me in just before Xmas on a Saturday and I got an invite to the Worx Xmas do, shame I was driving :eek:)

·
aka..L15 PGR
288 Posts
If anybody is looking at having their wheels refurbished or having a colour change then I can recommend Auto Wheels in Droxford.

Recently had a set of X5 alloys powder coated gloss black with a quick turnaround and a fair price.

Paul

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi all looking for a good local place to get respray and some body work first van so on budget I live in Gosport if anyone has any idea's :ILU:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Van converters in a North Hampshire

Hi, new to the forum and live in Basingstoke.

I have a T5 that I have started converting in the past 8 months

It would be good to chat to others and share advice on which garages etc to use locally

I can highly recommend

Simon Howard commercial (Bisley) where I bought my van

Streamline (Wolverhampton) For beds/ seats upholstery

Autobarn(Basingstoke) everything mechanical

I need to find someone who can do leisure battery/system fittings next !

·
Registered
41 Posts
Anyone know the most favourable main stealer that will not jerk me around on a pain warranty? I've been to Breeze in Southampton and got stonewalled on a 18 month old van with a few spots of rust coming through (which on a white van looks horrid). Willing to travel anywhere from Poole to Portsmouth.
Bit of a thread resurrection, but there is a one in Portsmouth that opened last autumn, I used them for a few things, in the last month of my warranty and they were good. Got a caddy as courtesy car but sure you could get a transporter with a bit of notice.
There were keen to build a rep and customer base. Rust spots on a vehicle that age is terrible, can't believe they fobbed you off.
Good luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Guys,

I'm after a little bit of work done on my van.... I've hit a stumbling block, I get shifted around the country regularly and have not been in one place long enough (the same place as the tools!) to finish the lining.

I'm after a bit of help ply lining the roof of my van and cutting some holes for my LED's and switches... it's max about 2 hours worth of work so the job is too small for a busy firm to take it on. Any takers? or any recommendations?

Also if my knight in shining armour is confident enough I'm looking to probably get all the electrics installed at a later date! T:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey Guys,

I'm after a little bit of work done on my van.... I've hit a stumbling block, I get shifted around the country regularly and have not been in one place long enough (the same place as the tools!) to finish the lining.

I'm after a bit of help ply lining the roof of my van and cutting some holes for my LED's and switches... it's max about 2 hours worth of work so the job is too small for a busy firm to take it on. Any takers? or any recommendations?

Also if my knight in shining armour is confident enough I'm looking to probably get all the electrics installed at a later date! T:

Hi mate happy to give you a hand. I'm a carpenter/bodybuilder based in south east hants, probably 40 mins from odiham. Give me a pm is best I guess.

Same goes for everybody else here, happy to give free advice and quotes for anything wood related, floors, furniture, linings etc.
Just starting out on the van conversion journey myself, had some windows fitted and am going to do some trims in walnut or ash, will post some pics as soon as I can. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi mate happy to give you a hand. I'm a carpenter/bodybuilder based in south east hants, probably 40 mins from odiham. Give me a pm is best I guess.

Same goes for everybody else here, happy to give free advice and quotes for anything wood related, floors, furniture, linings etc.
Just starting out on the van conversion journey myself, had some windows fitted and am going to do some trims in walnut or ash, will post some pics as soon as I can. :)
Just checked back on this thread and the above should read "carpenter/BOATbuilder FFS,:confused: That must have read like I was something of a wierdo:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm a sticker man based in Portsmouth, anything from small graphics up to large side graphics, stripes, anything really, just pm me what your after, will be coming along to a few meets soon as I've not long joined

61 - 80 of 87 Posts