VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally have my van and one of the many reasons I have wanted one is that I have been driving up to Surrey and back every other week on a Friday and Sunday.

I want to drive up on Thur nights and park up somewhere for the night. It has got to be somewhere safe and where I won't get moved on! I don't need any electric hook up or anything, simply a safe place for the van where I can park up and get a nights sleep.

If anyone has any suggestions around the the between the A303/M25 Jct 11 I would really appreciate it. I don't really want to be paying loads for a campsite when I don't need all the facilities!

Cheers

Dan

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
i live in walton on thames not far form j11 m25 your more than welcome to park on my drive ,as long as ur not a nutter lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i live in walton on thames not far form j11 m25 your more than welcome to park on my drive ,as long as ur not a nutter lol
LOL - I am not certified.....yet. Cheers, I may take you up on that! I am actually parked up in Molesey today working from the van! I will drop you a PM, maybe buy you a beer first so you can confirm for yourself I am not a nutter!

Thanks

Dan

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
20% discount? Do you have toilets and showers? Managed to find a place over in Hersham £10 for two nights, basic but it is all I need :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice one , is it a camp site or b&b , maybe I'll come and say hi
It is just down from Squires garden centre, very basic but that is all I need. I just need to find a secure car park for when I head into London! You don't know any do you?

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
Not secure as such but there is plenty around , the one behind Walton station is ok not sure what they charge tho ,
Are u up this way this weekend ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I travelled up on Friday then again on Sunday. Weathers getting better so may start staying up there for the weekends now, especially with the fuel prices, it's cheaper to book into a campsite! Next trip is 18th and 20th.

Someone keyed the van a few weeks ago so am being a little bit protective about where I leave it these days!

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
Sorry to hear about the keying , why do people do that , when it's summer and your up this way I'll hook up and take you for a beer ,

·
Registered
88 Posts
Try the Fox and Goose pub at Greywell near Basingstoke. They have a small field, tap and outside toilet and will let you camp for free as long as you use the pub for a drink or two or a meal. The food is good value and it,s 2 mins walk from the Basingstoke canal.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Hi I live half a mile from J3 of M3. Don't know if we can help out at all. Got a drive but its not locked as such. The gate is open most of the time. I do have an outside power point too. Nowhere near a station for central london though.

Of course this offer is on the proviso that you can confirm you are not
a) nutter,
b) driver of a Mazda Bongo,
c) Abba fan,
d) have naked lady illustrations on the side of the van.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Try the Fox and Goose pub at Greywell near Basingstoke. They have a small field, tap and outside toilet and will let you camp for free as long as you use the pub for a drink or two or a meal. The food is good value and it,s 2 mins walk from the Basingstoke canal.

That sounds great, cheers. I may give that a go over the next few weeks. I am sure that I could manage some food and a few beers A:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi I live half a mile from J3 of M3. Don't know if we can help out at all. Got a drive but its not locked as such. The gate is open most of the time. I do have an outside power point too. Nowhere near a station for central london though.

Of course this offer is on the proviso that you can confirm you are not
a) nutter,
b) driver of a Mazda Bongo,
c) Abba fan,
d) have naked lady illustrations on the side of the van.
Lol I am not any of those....honest :D

I am avoiding having to work in London at the moment, I am sure that will have to change soon though! If I am in London I need to be near to a station so I was thinking of a secure car park. The only one I have found is over by Windlesham but again too far from a station!

Thanks for the offer, I may give you a shout if I am stuck sometime T:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Welll.....
If you let me borrow it I can take it to work with me - I work in a very secure establishment .......... I:

No, seriously I live right next to Windlesham. It's basically at the end of my road. Can you tell me where this parking is? If you don't know the area I might be able to confirm if it is OK.

Parking near stations costs an arm and a leg. Sunningdale is a reasonable option but the line into Waterloo is a bit slower (50 minutes as opposed to 20 from Woking) and the trains are less frequent but I don't know of any secure places round there. Would you like me to check Sunningdale out for anything for you? Is it just somewhere to leave it whilst you are in London or would you want to kip there overnight too?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts