VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
have a look on fleabay they sell harvard handheld cbs for aabout a £10 or less realy you need one in the van fitted .

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I used to have a Radio Shack (Tandy) unit years ago. Really robust unit with ability to clip onto belt and use a small rubber aerial rather than the whip and also an external mic and earphones...

Had one of the hardvard ones too... very cheap manufacture and gave up the ghost very quickly...

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
if your after one for getting around then they are great but dont expect the quality of a mobile phone . and also think of the batterys you need to use one not sure what my old one used but you will need to look at one with rechargeable if there is such a thing best of luck ive just got a cb set up off the net and im about to put it in the van . before the first campdown 2012 .*<:)>*<:)>*<:)>

·
Premium Member
3,716 Posts
Maycom handheld are pretty good, and with a car kit ( mike, power, external aerial, speaker ) will work in a car in a convoy situation

I use mine 4x4'ing when out of the jeep spotting, to speak to others in the group

don't expect much more effective use

if you want to move it car to car, get a proper mobile set and 2 x aerials, power leads, and mounting brackets

1 - 9 of 9 Posts