Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the van today. VW virgin.
T5 - pure fluke.
Love it already.
Black, slide door, tinted windows.
Combi fit - 2.5.

Now on the adventure to find out more and get it rigged to suit our needs.

Yay! Many of you will have been here before! Day one of the adventure.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Welcome to the darkside T:T: get some pics up of your pride and joy when u can so we can all drool T:I:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK everybody?
Day 2 and I have had chance to scan the T5. I like the idea of sorting out the back. The facory fit 'ply' is dull.

I need to know what the best wa is to have a kind of wall/carpet effect.

I need to know if you take the panels out or is there some material (Maybe a sticky foam) that you can stick on?

One of you will have the answer.

Some sort of lighting too. How do I install a decor lighting? Like a LED type strip thing?

Cheers from IOM.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Hi try starting by removing all panels including the roof, first job is to trim all visible bare metal with your chosen material, next fit any wiring for roof lighting, insulate both roof and side panels filling every smallest free space you can i used B&Q recycled plastic bottles loft insulation alternatives are available but more expensive cut holes in roof panels for lighting and get covered then get all panels covered and fitted,the floor is the easy bit i used COSI 8mm household underlay one layer then 8mm ply then another layer of COSI 8mm with good quality carpet to finish this had excellent sound proofing and great at night for keeping warm, this is only a quick guide hope some is of help happy vanning T:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts