VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally fitted my boost gauge and cruise control switch.
Got switch programmed in today free of charge. Delighted with it.:D
Let the mods continue.

I have some stuff for sale:
RHS bonded window new: 35 euros
Black bonnet bra new : 30 euros
Original Rear tail lamps and orange fr indicators used: offers
Lh indicator lamp Long nose new: 10 euros
Gamma Stereo original : 30 euros
Door actuator genuine will fit front/sliding and rear door/s new: 30 euros

Could probably post everything except the glass for price of postage;)
Or maybe swap for something else.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have gone to the dark side 8 Ball, will I be shunned?, anyway well done on the mods, you must be pretty handy, got my CC fitted in a VW dealer like €300.00 I reckon that's ok with the warranty, having a fair bit of difficulty sourcing a set of used alloys for my 07 Transporter, any ideas? 16" would do fine.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:eek: The dark side? No you won't be shunned.
My cc kit was 78 euros, came with instructions so fitted it my self and got it programmed foc.
Kit for t5 is prob more expensive and with coding 300 sounds ok. Hell its great to have it.
Try gumtree.ie, search under Belfast and Cork and Dublin. You could even post a wanted
add.
I'll make some enquiries tomorrow.
Through up some pics if you get a chance

·
Premium Member
4,870 Posts
another for the Darkside H:

im going back to the lightside soon ..... gearbox locked up again today thats 3 times totally :* off now 23k on velle and no 1st gear....dont need them on the motorway to get to Vanfest so i'll be grand......parting words from dealer today after they changed GB oil "dont be travelin to far" lmao..........LOL:

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Heh. Memories of my departed ESB T4 come to mind. Let's hope the thing don't goes bust on the way over or back. T:

/M

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi 8-Ball, might be interested in the window. No windows yet and I was thinking of doing lhs first. Are they side specific ? In what way ? What else would I need to fit the window?
Thanks,Duncan.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Windows are same size, difference in sides being that the window for the sliding door has a
wider black band around it. Most people fit a seal around the window. All this does is to fill the gap between he edge of the window and the surrounding panel, it does not seal any thing as such. The seal is about 10 or 15 euro from VW. If you are going to fit it yourself you will need a window bonding kit available from VW or e/bay. I think it is best to get a windscreen company to do this for you.
I'm going to cut my side panels out over the weekend or early in the week so I can post some pics if you likeT: I'm going to get a windscreen fitter to bond the glass in.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Aircooledboner but I will ease myself into this conversion, Happy with 16's top's 17's, don't even know what type will fit, do you reckon some of the BMW/Audi wheels might fit?

·
Registered
67 Posts
when i did mine when buying the side windows from vw they said the seals where just rear window seals cut to size never had a problem with them i cut them out my self and my bro works for autoglass he bonded them in and another fella from autoglass did the sunroff

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Aircooledboner but I will ease myself into this conversion, Happy with 16's top's 17's, don't even know what type will fit, do you reckon some of the BMW/Audi wheels might fit?
bmw are best for t5's, think most have pcd 120 but u will need sprigot rings. think alot of audi alloys habe pcd of 112 so will only fit t4. hope this helps, not too easy to drop on 2nd hand alloys, on the lookout myself, looking for 17's or 18's.

·
Registered
67 Posts
bmw are best for t5's, think most have pcd 120 but u will need sprigot rings. think alot of audi alloys habe pcd of 112 so will only fit t4. hope this helps, not too easy to drop on 2nd hand alloys, on the lookout myself, looking for 17's or 18's.
heres a link if your looking for used wheels youll know what to cars to look for have a gander
http://www.carlsalter.com/wheel_fitments.html

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi T4_0_EMY,
What's the craic? Where did you rise your rear seats?
I'm looking for a double seat with belts.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi T4_0_EMY,
What's the craic? Where did you rise your rear seats?
I'm looking for a double seat with belts.
a the time i did mine was doing it as a side line converting taxis i bought all the seats out of a coach they were all doubles had to change them in to 2 benches of 3

·
Registered
67 Posts
all depends on what you want thers a vito taxi in 1 of the breakers near me can give you the number if you want let me know and ill pm it to you

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have double seats from an older T4 that fold down flat. Good condition, nice and clean. Think I have most of the mushroom bolts too. Anyone interested?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts