VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i took my t5 for a remap to bhp crewe ,the chap was very nice and he plugged his laptop into my van ,so i trusted him
i thought i would leave him to it and had a cuppa at my local b and q branch
when i returned he quite happily handed me the keys and said all done mate
so i handed my credit card over and was 199.00 lighter then i went in
the only thing is i was expecting some kind of print out or paperwork to do with remap ,but he said there was nothing to print out :confused:
allso he said that my credit card slip was my receipt when i was expecting something more
on the plus side my van is a lot smoother and picks up a lot better then before
just wondered if this was the norm :confused:
he all so said any problems just go back so i suppose i can't complain
would like your thoughts guys *<:)>*<:)>*<:)>*<:)>*<:)>

·
Registered
440 Posts
Doesnt sound right to me ! :confused:

Was it done on a rolling road this remap ? if not then sounds like he's just uploaded a file n thats it.

As far as a reciept, that sounds a bit dodgy, yes your card reciept is proof of purchase but normally you would get something else.

All in all, after reading that it doesnt sound good to me and even though I've had mine done, I wouldnt take mine there after that.

:*

10,824 Posts
Apart from the recieot then the rests sounds perfectly normal, not all tuners if done on rollers give printouts or if no rollers then you defo won't get one.

Has he got a website etc etc? Are they established? You said the van drove nice so what's the concern :*

·
Registered
259 Posts
Generic file loaded into van!! (car park tuners) who aint a clue !! loads of these around ...Not ideal you need to tune the van on dyno really, id be asking who wrote the file for your van...;)

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Just what i was thinking really. Job done you sound happy with it. Enjoy and be happy.:) I understand some like a bit of paper with some graphs on but doe's it have a redg number on the paperwork or some proof that the printout they give you is for your van.

10,824 Posts
Generic file loaded into van!! (car park tuners) who aint a clue !! loads of these around ...Not ideal you need to tune the van on dyno really, id be asking who wrote the file for your van...;)

Not always the case mate there are a couple of firms who are franchises of very reputable firms and they are quite capable of tuning this way. I could recommend a few on here that work this way!

There is too much scare mongering going on, people who don't have a clue about tuning ect ect too quick to give advice and not very good advice. All it does is cause worry and concern for the OP. You don't know exactly how it was done and by who it was done.

He paid a reasonable price and has stated that the van is running really well! If he is concerned he should ask for another receipt or worst case take it to a company that runs a dyno and got a dyno plot done, then he could post it up for one of the good lads on here to have a look, but why bother, he said he was happy with it.

To the OP could you send us the details of who done it? and don't worry too much just enjoy it T:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for your comments guys ,am really happy with the way it runs just wondered if that was the norm by the sounds of it ,it must be
it seems to be using more fuel thou

·
Registered
93 Posts
I agree in part but if you have done lots of r an d on a dyno you should be able to write a file and send it and duplicate from previous dyno testing.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I agree in part but if you have done lots of r an d on a dyno you should be able to write a file and send it and duplicate from previous dyno testing.
yep but some files are good some not so.. some even causing engine !!..
loads just chuck loads of fuel in ..overboosting!!
trouble with generic your presented with standard settings in ecu so one size fits all!!.
dyno tune your vehicle with decent tuner , awhp custom to specific vehicle & modifications :)

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Surley every van is different in some ways so i'm sorry but doing duplicate from other vans seems a bit strange i think. Might be wrong but mine was done fresh and not one that was copied from another T5.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree.

by comparing logs & ecu files, experience tells you what works and what won't.

Just because there is no dyno facility, doesn't mean that they don't know what they are doing!!

Data logging is sufficient. I beleive dyno's a very useful for R&D, or for people who need a piece of paper with a number on for bragging rights.

How it drives on the road is the most important thing.

But on the other hand, there are lots of car park tuners, & I have seen them locally & caused major damage to cars. :eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts