VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well- the sun is out again, thinkin of washing the van- I fitted a new 12" f:*off sub in the back yesterday, wired up my Recaro's (how did i ever survive without electric seats??)

So im gonna go for a drive in my T4 just for the sake of it.

Its been a while since i did that- nowhere to go, no time to keep, just me, the van & some sounds (a bit of the Prodigy followed by some Chems i think- keep it nice and mellowI::D).

I might take a drive along the shore-front and check out the ladies looking good.

Man i LOVE the hot weather!A:A:

Anyone out there doin anythin interesting in their T4 today??T:A::D:DA:T:

·
Registered
353 Posts
F:*k me a thread about a van instead of all this other **** those school girls are moaning about!

does your sub vibrate your sliding door?

mines sounds amazing apart from it sounds like the sliding door might full off haha

have a good day mate hope it sounds good and makes your insides vibrate hard

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
F:*k me a thread about a van instead of all this other **** those school girls are moaning about!

does your sub vibrate your sliding door?

mines sounds amazing apart from it sounds like the sliding door might full off haha

have a good day mate hope it sounds good and makes your insides vibrate hard
I thought the engine was f:*ed when i had it on last night- it shook the whole van so much that i thought i was runnin on 3 cylinders!!T:T:T:T:T::D
Ive read a few threads about guys hooking up subs under their seat bases-all i can say is that after feeling the vibes mine gives off from the box in the back- they must be MENTAL!:cool:
Shake yer fillings loose that will!LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:

·
Registered
773 Posts
im going to finish fitting my new windows in the side and then see if i can get my amp to work the earth wire has come out and the screw wont tighten up so may have to come up with a way round it

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im going to finish fitting my new windows in the side and then see if i can get my amp to work the earth wire has come out and the screw wont tighten up so may have to come up with a way round it
Solder it on maybe?

·
Premium Member
8,089 Posts
My van day consisted of going to get a new show screen, one that doesn't serepticiously leak and rot away your floorboards!

I wanted to fit a sub to mine soon, has anyone used the loudest company?

would these little 10cm fit in the dash?

http://www.theloudest.co.uk/?sectionid=2&page=view_product&product_id=84

And this ub looks meaty!

http://www.theloudest.co.uk/?sectionid=2&page=view_product&product_id=85

cheap on ebay as well...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-10cm-2-Way-...66:2|39:1|72:1689|240:1308|301:1|293:1|294:50

but would they fit?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:

I like the idea Jim!!

A pair of these babies-one on each side of the dash!:eek:

Now thats what i call T4 enthusiasm!T:

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
liking this thread,a break and some van chat...

Nothing doing on my bus this weekend,pretty much up together at the mo....I:.still sure it wont last...

Weekend at home in the garden in the sun,catchin up on some diy jobs and spraying the 10 seat bases i have in the garage ready to sell.

enjoy the sun and look forward to the next show............roll on bug jam or dubs at the castle,going to be a autojumble wekend at either....cant decide which one yet..:ILU:

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Just finished fitting an awning rail to side of van.

Couldn't justify cost of a Reimo Multirail, no matter how good it looks. So off I went to the local camping shop and bought a 12' length of standard aluminium awning rail as used on caravans. 1/2 hour later,10 holes drilled in van, siliconed and stainless steel screws fitted. Job done.

During week I fitted some 1/2 leather Recaro seats out of a Rover, so I am now off out for a test drive, before next week ends trip to The Bus Stop Over.

·
Registered
773 Posts
yeh i think that will be the only way lets hope i get the windows in ok first I: right guess what im off to do hope the forum is still here tonight when i get back and need a new side panel LOL:

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
Just finished fitting an awning rail to side of van.

Couldn't justify cost of a Reimo Multirail, no matter how good it looks. So off I went to the local camping shop and bought a 12' length of standard aluminium awning rail as used on caravans. 1/2 hour later,10 holes drilled in van, siliconed and stainless steel screws fitted. Job done.

During week I fitted some 1/2 leather Recaro seats out of a Rover, so I am now off out for a test drive, before next week ends trip to The Bus Stop Over.
you got your seats fitted then mate,soory bout pics,been really busy with shows and work last couple of weeks,1st weekend home for a while.....chilling now.

couple of pics mate of yours would be good,defo comfortable seats,just sit you a bit higher i think.:ILU:

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Yeah, after your PM I decided to weld bars across similar to how you did yours, but at the moment it is a bit tight under the steering wheel. Need to go a proper run before I make any changes though. Considering either a smaller steering wheel or cutting an inch or so off the seat base and welding on new mounting brackets. I will take some pictures and do a post later, will also show how standard awning rail looks and see what people think.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Well this was my van yesterday..all gleaming, serviced and..........

ready to go to its new owner..:eek::eek::eek:

I have spent a happy 4 year period with it, from a ratty panel to getting it fully fitted out to a full blown camper..many a cold evening out in the back lane working away to the small hrs..........A:

Now im searching for a new project..an easy wants list..if its T4 its a long wheel base 2.5 tdi, if its a T5 its anything i can afford..LOL:LOL:

did see a lovelly one yesterday but that was £15,000 + vat....I:

Right now ive finished me sunday lunch..a nice bit of beef..cornbeef in a sannie..and Im now going to clear out me ONLY van, me little works Belingo...:D :) :)

Im still smiling and so is the sun...there is life beyond the keyboard and ...dare i say it...the forum(s)..I:I:

T:T:

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Might finish off polishing my velle, it's not a show van but I like to try and polish out the rust, and I might get round to retinting my widow after my sons peeled off the old tint. Could even get round to fitting my screens and dvd player, Vibe sub and some amps(just need a new head unit as the other has blown).

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
mite make a start at cleaning off last years vanfest mud........ second thoughts ill just get a beer an sit in the garden

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
The sun's not shining here and hasn't been all day, I'm offended that someone would just pressume that because the sun is shining where they are that it will be everywhere. Because of these assumptions and the whole 'the sun's shining here, I'm better than you' feeling to this thread I have no option but to call it a day on here............ oh hang on, wrong thread!!! Rasp:

Disclaimer:- I'm just trying to lighten the mood, I don't agree with the bans for reasons I won't go into T:.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The sun's not shining here and hasn't been all day, I'm offended that someone would just pressume that because the sun is shining where they are that it will be everywhere. Because of these assumptions and the whole 'the sun's shining here, I'm better than you' feeling to this thread I have no option but to call it a day on here............ oh hang on, wrong thread!!! Rasp:

Disclaimer:- I'm just trying to lighten the mood, I don't agree with the bans for reasons I won't go into T:.
LOL: @disclaimer LOL:

I did go for a "pointless" drive- straight to Lidle for cheap BBQ stuff!
Girlies are out in force tho so i might have to take the van 4a spin again laterI:

T:Lets keep this thread light T:
Bubble gum for the soulLOL:

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
The sun in now actually trying to come out so I'm off to cruise my bitch-ass round Morrisons car park, with any luck the grannies will have their pop socks out.

·
Registered
542 Posts
My van day consisted of going to get a new show screen, one that doesn't serepticiously leak and rot away your floorboards!

I wanted to fit a sub to mine soon, has anyone used the loudest company?

would these little 10cm fit in the dash?

http://www.theloudest.co.uk/?sectionid=2&page=view_product&product_id=84

but would they fit?
Hi Jim,
The 10cm speakers do fit in the dash, but you'll have to lose your side blowers, the magnets are way to big and u need to lose the fan ducting if you want them to sit flush. You might be able to get around that problem with some bendy pipe but I never used the side blowers anyway. They sound great!
Jak

1 - 20 of 32 Posts