VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
filled up my van(2002 2.5tdi) on wednesday last week and headed off to santa pod,had to go to glasgow first then down m74/m6 etc, 456 miles and when i got there the gauge was between 1/4 and 1/2 a tank

headed back home sunday night and fueled up at leicester forest services at a rip off £1.09 a litre :eek:,£61 to fill up-which to be honest back home at 99p a litre would have been £55,headed home at a constant 70mph 400 miles in total on return journey and the gauge is just under 1/2 tank
so i am well happy with that,think if i hadnt gone to glasgow i may have got down and up on a full tank all bar maybe £10 splash and dash at the end T:

·
Registered
95 Posts
So whats the real average mpg then do you reckon? Is this with a loaded van, empty van or camper conversion? Whats peoples experiences - T5 or T4 / Caravelles etc.....

·
Registered
346 Posts
Wow talk about resurrecting an old thread!

I wish diesel was £1.09 per litre now!

Have a search mate theres loads of threads covering this T:

·
Registered
986 Posts
Wow talk about resurrecting an old thread!

I wish diesel was £1.09 per litre now!

Have a search mate theres loads of threads covering this T:
Haha, I started reading this and realised something was up when he was being ripped off at £1.09 LOL: Would be nice if it was this low again!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
filled up my van(2002 2.5tdi) on wednesday last week and headed off to santa pod,had to go to glasgow first then down m74/m6 etc, 456 miles and when i got there the gauge was between 1/4 and 1/2 a tank

headed back home sunday night and fueled up at leicester forest services at a rip off £1.09 a litre :eek:,£61 to fill up-which to be honest back home at 99p a litre would have been £55,headed home at a constant 70mph 400 miles in total on return journey and the gauge is just under 1/2 tank
so i am well happy with that,think if i hadnt gone to glasgow i may have got down and up on a full tank all bar maybe £10 splash and dash at the end T:

think if i hadnt gone to glasgow i may have got down and up on a full tank all bar maybe £10 splash and dash at the end .. If ye never went anywhere, yed still have a full tank...LOL:

·
Registered
268 Posts
aye,,, in 4 yrs its went fae 1.09 ltr tae 1.42 ltr in places...I remember i was up at Torridon Glen a wee station there an they wanted a £1 a ltr, that was about 5 yeras ago.. when it was around .87 in Murrwill.. an a thought a pound a ltr... Man,!!! now it`l be soon 1.50..a ltr, sayin that Beer in a pub is £5 a ltr.. an Milk is a £1 a ltr...sayin that a bottle o water is a pound in some places. so really its not bad at 1.40 a ltr.. i personaly run Bio...its a £1 a ltr. T:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts