VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

bare with me this my first post after recently purchasing a 2002 T4 caravelle. 2.5tdi

I’ve searched the site and come across similar issues which has been helpful but I need some advice.
The issue is as I’m driving along I brake coming up to something, release the peddle and then when I push again it goes hard. I then have a mini heart attack!
I’ve not had it long and I’m not sure if it was doing it before I put it in for a cambelt change. I’m definitely noticing it now though!

so I’ve checked along the pipe going to the pump. I’ve noticed two pipes coming off the main pipe but one of them isn’t connected to anything. There is a white tube just above it which I’m wondering if it should be connected to it. I’m a little cautious of connecting it in case I cause another issue. Can anyone tell me if it should be connected or anyone got a schematic?

thanks
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Vehicle Automotive design Auto part

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
I’ve noticed two pipes coming off the main pipe but one of them isn’t connected to anything.
That white tube needs reconnecting to the rubber braided piece, though I'm not familiar with the 2.5tdi I cant see that the vacuum system would be any/much different from a 1.9td, that white tube will be the vacuum feed for either the EGR or the air recycling in the heater matrix, as it is at the moment your vacuum system basically has a hole in it, that will be the reason the brake goes hard on a quick second push, the system can't build up vacuum quickly and sufficiently enough with air leaking into it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That white tube needs reconnecting to the rubber braided piece, though I'm not familiar with the 2.5tdi I cant see that the vacuum system would be any/much different from a 1.9td, that white tube will be the vacuum feed for either the EGR or the air recycling in the heater matrix, as it is at the moment your vacuum system basically has a hole in it, that will be the reason the brake goes hard on a quick second push, the system can't build up vacuum quickly and sufficiently enough with air leaking into it.
Thanks for the reply/details. Just reconnected it and it seems to be working fine. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts