VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people :)

I am looking for a tough sport suspension to my T4.

I've looked at two different brands .. One KW and the second is the FK.

Does anyone have experience with one of these brands, or perhaps both?

Possibly. one or more may recommend some other brands.

My only requirement is that it must be a fixed undercarriage. I will not "sail" around when I spin and otherwise run out there.

I've tried Bilstein B6 which should be Bilsteins sports suspension, but I think that the chassis is too soft ..

I very much look forward to hearing from you :)

/ / Kenneth

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Your problem will never be solved by changing springs and dampers.

Unfortunately you are driving a van, so it is built with soft and wallowy suspension to cope with rough roads and vastly varying loads.

The things which will make a vast difference to your suspension are changing the front anti roll bar to the bigger 28mm type, fitting a rear anti roll bar and upgrading the stiffness of the front torsion bars.
Unfortunately none of these things are cheap or easy to find. Anything else will be a waste of time and money though.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
ARB`s are a good advice
Furthermore polybushes that now are available for the T4 will definately stiffed the suspention

Many seem to favour Bilstein dampers.
Both KW & FK are good brands.
Is there any econimical aspect to U`r choice?

U say HARD suspention, are U going low as well & if so in combination with what wheels?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Drmagpie - thanks for a good answer :) Maybe you could tell me more about the anti roll bars front and rear? And also the front torsion bars?

JefeDeMaquinas - I will drive with 18" summer tire and 17" winter tire. About the price, then around 530 pund.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts