VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just had a great weeks road trip to north wales with friends.....

did over 600 miles over the week around llanberis, anglesey etc. most of the time my 6 year old was in the front and we had a laught waving and flashing at every bus we passed...splits, bays, t25, t4/5s...

99% of the aircooled guys waved back flashed etc........t4/5s only about 3:confused:

most looked at us like we were slighty mad!!!!

come on poeple!! the aircooled lot do it!

sorry to the guy in the red t4 near abergaveny who did wave at us but we were nearly home and we'd given up by then !!!

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Generally speaking, T4 drivers don't wave. Just had a similar experience when driving to Cornwall - gave up waving long before I got to Bodmin.......

I have my own thoughts as to why it is, but I won't air them here.............. :)

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Generally speaking, T4 drivers don't wave. Just had a similar experience when driving to Cornwall - gave up waving long before I got to Bodmin.......

I have my own thoughts as to why it is, but I won't air them here.............. :)
Rasp:Go on do it ya know ya want to, i will if you will H:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Just a thought:- You will probably find it`s purely that there are so many T4`S on the road that they are sick of waving at everyone

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe they recognised you so didnt want to wave at you
LOL:Rasp:
not nice mate...im a fine figure of a man!!I: taken me years of cider abuse to get like this!

i know a lot of t4 drivers are just working people but u can tell the surf busses n campers....so be happy and wave!!!!T:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I wave at builders, electricians and all sorts...they do look at me funny sometimes...LOL:
Have also been waved at by AA drivers in renault vans etc....maybe they just recognise and old one of theres.....or maybe there just thinking see you in a minute ha ha

·
Registered
892 Posts
I've been waved at by the only other T4 camper I've seen since I got it and been ignored by a Bay. It's only been a month since I got it mind. Got waved at by a Mazda Bongo which suprised me! The one thing I'm finding is that when you park up at the beach or in camp sites I get pestered by people wanting a look. I had a mercedes Vito guy asking all about T4s on Saturday and half an hour later a Dutch family liked it so much they said they were off to the VW dealer to get a brochure - they didn't seem to grasp that it's not been converted by VW. Would love to see their faces when they see the price of a California :ILU:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Can`t disagree more when you say T4s don`t wave spent one day driving through the Brecon beacons and lost count of people waving. 1 very nice white T4 with chequered bra. Must be all
the flowers on our van W:W:W:W:

·
Registered
296 Posts
We`re not the masons with secret hand shakes, a wave or a hand up whatever you want, it`s only about recognising others with similar interests no big deal. W:W:W:W:W:W:

·
Registered
88 Posts
We found the same thing when we were touring devon/cornwall beginning of July. Met countless T4s and only got about 4 waves in total. Was a bit disappointed but ah well, it's not stopped us waving. W:

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
There are so many T4s down here in Cornwall tha waving at everyone is a mission in its self............

all though I always try and give people a wave its my lads job when hes sitting up front.......................:ILU:

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
lot of times i dont get waved at when i go cornwal, and im down there loads. i wave at most vw campers i see splittys - t4's find t5 bit harder to spot at what isnt a builders van.
more often then not they jsut stare and not wave back, just how people see you i think, if they are part of forums and things they will tend to wave back at you as it seems to be a general vw thing

·
Registered
163 Posts
I always wave at other campers in my T25, and will continue to do so when I get my T4. My girls, (6 and 8) LOVE it when they wave back, and it never fails to put a smile on my face! (I really must get out more.)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts