VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya. I have just bought a '99 Velle and the previous owner had just had the lower wishbone bushes changed along with the track rod ends.

Driving around sheffields **** roads is turning into a nightmare, any pothole or bump in the road is really shakes me about in the cab. I had the anti roll bar bushes changed which definately helped but this still cant be right.

If the ride is hard and bumpy then it cant be the shocks otherwise it would just loll around?

Please help - my filling are coming out!!! :eek:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Hiya. I have just bought a '99 Velle and the previous owner had just had the lower wishbone bushes changed along with the track rod ends.

Driving around sheffields **** roads is turning into a nightmare, any pothole or bump in the road is really shakes me about in the cab. I had the anti roll bar bushes changed which definately helped but this still cant be right.

If the ride is hard and bumpy then it cant be the shocks otherwise it would just loll around?

Please help - my filling are coming out!!! :eek:
,,hi mate sounds abit like mine on ****e roads if its a good smooth rd she is fine but theres a section in a 30 zone near where we live going past a school so iam very "under" 30mph & she is all over the place that section of ripply uneven/massive metal grates NS to the curb,,makes her feel like a proper knackered old van,,8 months ago van centre at cleckeaton drop a clanger on MOT,,long/short of it is our van as had genuine anti roll bar bushes/bottom arm bushes the lot by VW van centre,,,my advice mate is change your dampers this should make the world of difference,,iam hanging on as long as i can till i can afford the bilstein b6 ones,,they wont fail an mot for been tired as they dont test drive your vehicle if there leaking "failed" i know at least one of ours is shot NSF because just before you came to a stop kinda stop the van ish suddenly & ya can actually see that side of the van not as dampened as OSF is,,hope this helps mateT:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thats exactly what i am finding. smooth roads no problem but any ripple or bump in the road and you feel every stone and pebble through your spine!

Are there any other bushes up front i should be looking at?

I didnt think that shocks going would make a hard/harsh ride?! These bilsteins b6 would give a smooth ride? (i'm not lowering it or getting all performance cornering going on here) just want my fillings to stay in!T:T:

Thanks

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Hey thats exactly what i am finding. smooth roads no problem but any ripple or bump in the road and you feel every stone and pebble through your spine!

Are there any other bushes up front i should be looking at?

I didnt think that shocks going would make a hard/harsh ride?! These bilsteins b6 would give a smooth ride? (i'm not lowering it or getting all performance cornering going on here) just want my fillings to stay in!T:T:

Thanks
,,the NSF damper on ours is deffo not as good as the OSF one so the types of tarmac iam saying she is all over is where a good damper would control the shock of the unevenness eg the spring or in our case the torsion bar,,our van genuinely feels like she as every bush/joint the lot gone on that type of surface:eek: & as i say all our bushes have been changed with gen VW,,i also changed other week the NSF anti roll bar drop link bush,,there pretty easy to change but you will need some kinda spray lube to get the new one on/vice to squeeze the new bush into the drop link its self,,got mine from brickwerksT:under a tenna,,this as helped "But" she still is the same over the ****e black stuff..i do think dampers make hell of alot of stuff wear quicker than they would if you"ve got guddens on,,T:,,,the anti roll bar should not move in the bush where it goes through the drop link:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts