VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
i likes it , doesnt look bad from the pics , not a bad price if i didnt have my van would consider buying that after a look see like .

·
Registered
6,046 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
"Cut + Shut" - as above, the vehicle descriptor might need a bit of explaining. SVA springs to mind.

Try explaining this mod to an insurance company.

Honestly Mr Plod its a panel van!!!!I:I:I:I:I:I:I:

·
jabby fingered, worn nubbed, ginger ninja
12,080 Posts
^^^^^^^^

The above two hit the nail squarely on the head.

A normal pick up has a vastly different chassis than a panel van, I wouldn't be suprised if it is a little twistedI:

·
Registered
302 Posts
That was sold on eBay using same pictures about a month ago for 2800quid , so it's being sold again or was bidded up by himself before ane won it , bit dodgy I think:eek:

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was only showing it as a nice pickup didnt realise the imlpications of the actual van /pickup isnt this forum great if i'ed bought that id be well p---d off thanx lads .

·
Registered
298 Posts
Doubt it would even get throught the current IVA as there doesn't seem to be any way to get modified commercial through. A lot of these home brew pick ups have been going through ebay since the IVA came in with no mention of the fact you prob wont ever be able to use it!

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
i think the only thing that would be good for is sticking a bill board on the back and parking it in a field beside a road....

shame cos it looks good, but as mentioned before there has bound to have been twisting of the chassis.....

there doesn't seem to be any way to get modified commercial through.

how do coach built campers get around this then , cos they just buy front ends and build around it ? ... just wondering

·
Registered
298 Posts
A coachbuilt is slightly differnet - they buy a chassis cab from a mfr then add a body to it, they are not chopping up monocoque bodies to make them. As a small volume producer they will have certain things to conform to but not the IVA.

For further details of how IVA applies you can speak to The Association of Car Enthusiats at - http://www.the-ace.org.uk/

They are involved in conusltation at various levels and aim to protect as much of the modifying history they can - really helpfull guys that work hard to keep us legal. Fortunately, it would be very rare for any of us to need there help.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I'm guessing none of you have ever gone into the chopping up cars and modding them in a serious way. I'd say it's been done as a show piece and not as a works pick up personally.
I think it looks fantastic and know the sort of work that would have gone into it, after seeing some of my dad's modifications since i was tiny.
Normally people doing that kind of work stiffen the vehicle before cutting it up, so there would be no chance of it twisting. To be honest i'd say it's probably stronger than the day it came out the factory.

BUT EVREYONE HAS THEY'RE OWN OPINION

·
Registered
357 Posts
On a slightly different note.....he has something unique like that to sell and only manages to write a poxy 3 1/2 lines of descriptive text? I wrote more than that about a single alloy i'm selling!! :*

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
On a slightly different note.....he has something unique like that to sell and only manages to write a poxy 3 1/2 lines of descriptive text? I wrote more than that about a single alloy i'm selling!! :*
Agreed, With aT4 Panel, window, camper, day van its got a purpose, a reason to be, it can be used and enjoyed (when your not throwing all your hard hard cash at it that is) but I really cannot see what use that hideous cannibalized open back thing is ? for that money when you can buy a open back truck for half that price and one that even looks a dam lot better ! My opinion once again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts