VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
am considering whether a slightly different layout interior has been done (looking for pics)

I want to maximise seating / sleeping space, so thought about running cabinets etc (sink, fridge) on the slide door side of a t5. That means i could bench seat the long side interior (normally where sink / etc are placed by others). I would then put storage under the bench seat and also run a bench set acorss the back with storage / leisure battery etc, and then using the short side to house a fridge / sink / water and cooker.

anybody out there ?

·
Registered
465 Posts
think the guy who painted the red t5 black did this type of layout cant remember his name but he is at misterton and seemed to work in a londrover bodyshop i remember from his thread someone on here will know what i am on about :confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, might think about no reach bench , that way i can use the gap in the back to put my mtb's in and out

·
Registered
85 Posts
I did something similar in my old T4, i also put my cooker nearest the side door so i could lift it out and cook al fresco :D

Basically gave myself a 6ft bed when out and masses of storage space when not in use, great for hiding bodies when going across foreign boarders too I:

If you want the DVLA to still class it as a camper though the inspector insisted i bolted the cooker in place, but was happy for me to use wing nuts through the side into the storage cupboard (along with the 3 locating dowels) and a drop bolt into the floor. (basically a small gate type bolt, slotting into my wooden floor) sounds horrid but was rather neat!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts