VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Please can someone please put my mind at rest.

I've just got back from picking up my 'new' van, an 07 T32 Kombi LWB 174ps, and there lies the problem. I was aware a 174ps T32 doesn't exist in the VW brochure and doesn't exist in the insurance brokers eyes either. However I went to check it out and it's badged a T32 174 (I know it's easy to buy the badges) but I also checked the log book and it's down with DVLA as a T32 174 LWB so I was satisfied.

However, now that it's on my drive I've found the vehicle data stick down in the drivers footwell and that states it's a 130ps, so now I have a sick feeling in my stomach. Obviously I'll be checking with VW tomorrow, but is there any way of visually differentiating between the 130ps and 174ps so I can get some sleep tonight.

Also one other descrepency I've spotted, the previous owner was £400/year road tax, I was expecting £215/year. Is this right, what are all you 174 owners paying??

I'm off to get a stiff drink.
Jon

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
HI, yes kombis are classed as a diesel car so road tax will be £400 :eek:

Does it state 130ps or 130kw?

I am not sure what the kw means, But all vw's have the power stated in kw, check the rear of the service book and i think that says what power the XXXkw will stand for.

Why not do a 0-60 test? think a 174 should do it in just over 11 secs? Not the best way i know but can't think of another way :D (and its funRasp:)

Cheers Andy

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Andycapandy,

You're spot on the data plate is in kw, 128kw = 174ps so crisis averted.

Boy I need another drink nowT:

Thanks so much

Norty

·
Registered
875 Posts
174 factory kombi here and its £215 per year and 1 gram co2 under the next tax band.... classed as a diesel car on the log book

·
Registered
231 Posts
the tax will depend on what year it was registered. early T5 kombi's will pay the £215 tax I think from 55/06 onwards pay the £400 tax.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Mine is an SWB 08 plate... but a T30 not T32. Maybe thats the difference....

·
Registered
645 Posts
T28 174 Panel Van here...........
£125 per year road tax, thanks to a euro 4 engine and still classed as a commercial vehicle :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
T28 174 Panel Van here...........
£125 per year road tax, thanks to a euro 4 engine and still classed as a commercial vehicle :D
think you might have just answered my question, will getting a panel van be cheaper TAX, then put some side windows in and its still the same TAX??

thinking of getting a 1.9tdi 85ps then remapping it

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have a 174bhp Caravelle manual which is £210 a year tax. If it was auto it is the £400 a year tax big bonus you can sale past the non window vans on the motway (matters not if you put them in later) at 70mph - they can only do 60mph PS you could probably go past at over 110 - but thats bad

1 - 14 of 14 Posts