VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever wondered why the hazard button seems so far away to make sense?! I've only just figured it out - they didn't bother making a RHD version! I've not seen anyone flipping the hazard over to make it slightly closer to hand so could be a first...

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I like it there, I never use it and its well out the way

I have noticed that most ICE head units have the volume knob on the LHS though - not a prob if you have controls on the steering wheel but a pain if you havnt.

I searched for ages to find one with the knob on the RHS - only found one but it looked rubbish.
I also tried fixing the remote control to the midle of the steering wheel but that was rubbish too, it kept slipping and i'd change radio station when I blasted the horn!!

I found a good solution, I re-fitted my head unit upside down so the vol knob was on the RHS. I dont use the CD player anyway - sorted :D I:

·
Registered
803 Posts
not just hazard lights :
I had to borow a van from main dealer and they gave me the dsg
Gears are marked on the lhs so you can not see what position you are on .
It will not matter if you drive it every day , but for first timer on dsg it was a joke

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
It's been like that for ever !

Radio volume control on left etc. Well at least the clocks and gauges are on the right. But then the glovebox could be so much more useful I::D :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.