VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi forum,

I'm at a loss with this one; I see a few threads started with similar issues but don't see any resolution. Any help greatly appreciated!

Symptoms:
1) Hazard lights come on when parked and locked. No real pattern to it, random duration. Stopped only by pressing the hazards button on the dash.
2) When the van is locked with the fob hazard lights don't flash. When unlocked they do.

Other info:
-'57 reg 1.9 TDI panel van, no frills.
-Came home after a two week break and the battery was knackered. It was on it's way out and thought nothing of it at the time. Replaced it and then this problem materialised so it may have been a contributing factor. Van had been sitting without power for a while between batteries - a friend vaguely said "things may need resetting". Anyone qualify that?
-Looked in the the well known central locking issue. Under the drivers seat the offending wire solder joint has already been fixed by the previous owner.

Cheers!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have this exact problem on my 2005 T5, so far i've ruled out the hazard light switch, i have a feeling its the alarm but i have no real proof so far. I really hope someone else has an idea of what is causing it.

In addition to your problems i also get the horn going off and sometimes the right indicator comes on by itself. Its driving me nuts

1 - 2 of 2 Posts