VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 x ABL 1.9TD
Just replaced head gasket!
Started her up im getting excesive bubbling in water bottle, pipes are hard as in want to burst no heat going throught to cab
Volcano coming out bleed screw.
Temperature guage in dash sits at 90
exsesive smoke on idle pull advance and she ticks over nicley and very little smoke
starts first time after glow plug
If this was a petrol i would say it was to far retarded and the water pump /thermostat were duff!!!!
However its deizel and i'm stuck!!!!
HelpI:

·
Registered
324 Posts
is it a new head if not did you have the old one skimmed checked for cracks etc engine block faultlessly clean thermostat checked new water pump radiator back flushed etc sorry if iam teaching granny how to suck eggs but all worthwhile checks while engine in bits T:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To you short version of vans history born november 2000 mot november 2009 states 9500 miles dvla states last mot november 2009 9500 miles van dissapears of map i get it november 2011 as scrap milage 104k
engine runs but poor starter due to plug duff and slight water loss blown turbo and burning oil
replaced head and turbo with one from a 1998 abl new head gasket reset timing put it all back in .
fired up first time small air bubbles in reservoir then masive gurgles and a volcano no oil in water no water in oil
next door neighbour a machanic says either water pump or head gasket
As much as i dont want to give in i have a 2.4 aab that i know works but has big milage.
So open to advice:*

1 - 4 of 4 Posts