VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all
I have a small problem _ well a few but the one in question is in regards to the head unit.
eveytime i turn the ignition off the head unit looses all its settings. I know the problem to be the positive switch or whatever its called but i dont know where it is on the vans loom. the guy who i got the van off also installed a amp which is always on so i neede to connect this to the same switch wire.
this might be on the forum somewhere but i dont really know what to search for and after searching for a while i decided just to ask instead.

·
Premium Member
4,725 Posts
Hello all
I have a small problem _ well a few but the one in question is in regards to the head unit.
eveytime i turn the ignition off the head unit looses all its settings. I know the problem to be the positive switch or whatever its called but i dont know where it is on the vans loom. the guy who i got the van off also installed a amp which is always on so i neede to connect this to the same switch wire.
this might be on the forum somewhere but i dont really know what to search for and after searching for a while i decided just to ask instead.
If there is a aftermarket head unit installed then pull this out and try swapping the radios red and yellow wire around...the amp switch on wire is normally a thin blue wire, this should also go to the radios blue wire or marked as power antenna or amp switch.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is an aftermarket head unit - JVC av60bt.
I will swap the 2 wires tonight and see what the result is. As far as I can see there isnt a wire with either of those descriptions.
there s a single wire labeled sub woofer, is that for a sub woofer bass switch?

·
Premium Member
4,725 Posts
Yes it is an aftermarket head unit - JVC av60bt.
I will swap the 2 wires tonight and see what the result is. As far as I can see there isnt a wire with either of those descriptions.
there s a single wire labeled sub woofer, is that for a sub woofer bass switch?
The JVC has got a blue wire output on the loom for a amp switch, the wire which is labelled subwoofer is probably the single RCA output for a sub,

Can you post a pic of the wiring.?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes I will be able to post a pic tomorrow morning.
once i have found the correct way to wire it up i am going to try and wire the amp and rear dvd player so they only get power when the ignition is on as i dont like the constant drain on the batery ( i have disconnected the amp but the dvd player is still always powered.

·
Premium Member
4,725 Posts

Any help would be appreciated Absolut5 (or others)
Ok cut the blue/white wire, as the vehicle loom has 2 permanent 12volt feeds and one is going back up the blue/white, now the end of the blue/white which comes out of the JVC connect this to your amp switch wire, the other end, insulate.
Swap your red and yellow wires around to hold the memory. Now if you require a ignition feed for the red wire then you need to take this of the fusebox, fuse position 19, green/brown wire on the rear of box....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brillinat, thank you
I have to be honest though i am going to have to reread this tomorrow as I am nakered at the moment and that didnt fully make sense should do after a good sleep though - thanks T:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts