VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just ran out of fuel coming up my street:blg. I only filled it once since i got it the other week so not in the habit apparently. Anyway, cyclist who had blocked the road as i ran out decided to help push me down hill :)*) with my headlamp!! It has popped back and the bit one of the adjuster/bolts goes into has crumbled. Idiot! I am guessing this is replaceable? Anyone any idea where can get this bit? Does it come as part of a fixings kit from anywhere?
Full tank = 570 miles in my 2.5tdi btw.. Doh.
I said thanks to the cyclist in a slightly sarcastic tone and stared at my feet while he got out of my sight.. Deep breathing helps in these situations.

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
Very common for this white plastic thingy to break,it becomes brittle with age.The bolt that runs through it is M6 thread so with a couple of M6 nuts and repair washers you can repair it quite easy T:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very common for this white plastic thingy to break,it becomes brittle with age.The bolt that runs through it is M6 thread so with a couple of M6 nuts and repair washers you can repair it quite easy T:
Got it, nice one! Will get onto it tomorrow. Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts