VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Headlight pin diagram

307 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  iakona 
#1 ·
Final post on electrical wiring gremlins, I swear!

Does anyone have a pin out diagram or description for a 2004 transporter. Specifically the motor adjuster thingies have stopped working, so want to check that some power is at least going to the motors.

Seeing some strange stuff as well when looking at the driver side (LHD) wiring. Any guesses why this has been done below?

(I dont know if i should have expected better for a van under a grand!)

See less See more
#4 ·
I've heard them called that, though I don't know if that's what VW "officially" call them. As I understand it there was a (much) more complicated system fitted with the factory Xenon lights of the time, which changed the headlight elevation in real time as you drive along, so it could be that? But I simply don't know if it's the same motor system or not.

#5 ·
Providing an update. I ended up buying some scrapyard headlights and that resolved the motor issue, but it was incredibly useful to have someone sat with a multimeter on the pins and someone moving the dial to confirm the connection is all good. Good step for anyone trying to resolve a similar issue to mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.