VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I wanna tint my headlights and my options are to fly eye tint the headlights and indicators or...a bit more adventurous was thinking of yellow tinting them cause think it will look nice against the green paint....what you guys think?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I like the black. But yellow could look cool.

I think black would be the safe option.

why not get both kits? Its not that pricey.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Wrong time of the year IMHO ;)
Assuming U use it after nightfall that is!
Personally I can`t see any benefit in reducing the amount of light U shine on the road...........

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Looks fantastic and it's something I'd consider apart from the fact that as Jefe says the light becomes poorer and plod may have something to say about it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
yep agree
when I bought mine ad said visible light 100%, no it isn't its gone dull just a bit brighter than side lights but bright to look at. Wonder if that's what they meant in the ad.

·
Registered
649 Posts
So I have brought Lamin-X film for my cars and have just put the subtle tint on my Audi front lights and will shortly be doing the front lights on my T4 as I think it looks good. Who cares what others think. The beauty with Lamin-x is if you don't like it, you can peel it back off and it won't leave sticky residue on the lenses so you get your original lights back :)

·
Registered
779 Posts
On my longnose I've blacked the whole front section, including grill surround and indicators but left the lights clear (pics in my album), not keen on the fly eyes but plenty like them, I do wonder what the insurance may say in the event of an accident?

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
the "yellow" tint seen on old French cars, and old fog lights, looks cool
Not "tinted", thats coloured glass. A very different issue. & also one that was heavily debated in the civilized world when the French brought it upon the motoring world ;)
Looks good nevertheless:) I have now blue lense covers on my Lightforce 240 XGT, suited for the upcomming weatherT:

·
Registered
204 Posts
ive used spi vision ( basically same as fly eye ) and had no issues, i also used it to do an "eyebrow" on an newish astra which you dont see often/at all, suited the car and wasnt overkill which sometimes can happen

·
Registered
619 Posts
Leave them as they are or go yellow, thing dark tint would lose the 'look' of the front end too much :*

I went my own way I: bit of internal de-chroming where its not needed and some crosshairs - and nope, it dont effect the output

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Leave them as they are or go yellow, thing dark tint would lose the 'look' of the front end too much :*

I went my own way I: bit of internal de-chroming where its not needed and some crosshairs - and nope, it dont effect the output

This is awesome did you just take lights apart and spray chrome?

·
Registered
619 Posts
This is awesome did you just take lights apart and spray chrome?
Yeah pretty much, there are a series of clips to remove and the lens pops off allowing you to get to the reflector.

The chrome bits that serve no reflecting purpose were just painted black ( used a touch up brush tho ) be very careful not to touch the actual reflector, tried to wash my first one and the silver came off on the sponge :eek:

Added the cross hairs which gives most the effect but they were a PITA to do!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah pretty much, there are a series of clips to remove and the lens pops off allowing you to get to the reflector.

The chrome bits that serve no reflecting purpose were just painted black ( used a touch up brush tho ) be very careful not to touch the actual reflector, tried to wash my first one and the silver came off on the sponge :eek:

Added the cross hairs which gives most the effect but they were a PITA to do!
What are the crosshairs?....can you put a pic up from the front? Thanks buddy really like the look of them!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts