VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have the wiring diagram for the headlight loom you can buy from autosparks.I am going to make one up myself but need the diagram,Ta.:)

When finished i will post on here a how to.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
40 Quid is a bit excessive for a few wires,probably be able to do it all for under a tenner if i have the diagram

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The whole wiring diagram for the headlight upgrade loom,might just have a closer look at the pics they have posted

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
40 Quid is a bit excessive for a few wires,probably be able to do it all for under a tenner if i have the diagram
You wont buy 4 decent relays 4 relay blocks 4 fuses and 4 fuse holders plus wire and proper headlight plugs for a tenner
Unless of course you going to steal them :)
Personally I could have done it my self
2 reasons i didnt
Busy as hell at work so time was an issue so 20minutes all in fitted was good for me
And second i work on cars all day so i couldnt be d .T:

·
Trade Member Plus
1,965 Posts
i was being generous when i said a tennerI:
Hey i've a challange for you dudeT:, if you can supply all the materials for this kit for a tenner i will buy them in batches of 50 or 100 at a time from youT: and i will supply you a full kit list so that nothing gets missedI:, it has 4 micro relays with bases, 4 fuse holders, with fuses, conduit, cable, almalgamating tape and various terminlas etcI:. To be honest at £35 delivered its really good value (i know that im going to say thatI:), we do purchase goods at a very good rate due to the value that we spend with suppliers, this being over 1/2 million pounds a year and i can not purchase all the goods for under a tenner and thats without paying any delivery chargesI:

Im not trying to mock you or anything dude, just trying to save you a bit of time as ive done the costings many times myself:)

cheers

Jay:ILU:

·
Somebody stop me!
11,968 Posts
Hey i've a challange for you dudeT:, if you can supply all the materials for this kit for a tenner i will buy them in batches of 50 or 100 at a time from youT: and i will supply you a full kit list so that nothing gets missedI:, it has 4 micro relays with bases, 4 fuse holders, with fuses, conduit, cable, almalgamating tape and various terminlas etcI:. To be honest at £35 delivered its really good value (i know that im going to say thatI:), we do purchase goods at a very good rate due to the value that we spend with suppliers, this being over 1/2 million pounds a year and i can not purchase all the goods for under a tenner and thats without paying any delivery chargesI:

Im not trying to mock you or anything dude, just trying to save you a bit of time as ive done the costings many times myself:)

cheers

Jay:ILU:

I whole heartedly agree about these upgrades, they are quality kit and well worth the money T:T:T:

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mock me indeedI:wheres the harm in trying to do it cheaper than list price,has to be profit in it otherwise you wouldnt be doing it,how much profit is just a rough guess on my part,my father in law works for an electical suppliers so i will get the items i need for next to nothing,cant be that hard to duplicateT:

if you could supply me with the wiring diagram that would be great,and will report back on this thread when done.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
think your missing the point here bigmac,your not just paying for a pile of bits (less than a tenner,aye right),you are paying for the development/skill of how to put it all together,if you had this you would have done it already would you not I:

·
Trade Member Plus
1,965 Posts
think your missing the point here bigmac,your not just paying for a pile of bits (less than a tenner,aye right),you are paying for the development/skill of how to put it all together,if you had this you would have done it already would you not I:
bang on dudeT:, i do have staff to pay and do like to eat from time to timeI: and if i gave you the full instructions i wouldnt be protecting my company nor my staffT: just ask yourself bigmac, would you go into B&Q and ask for the cutting list of a wardrobe and explain that you wanted this to make your own rather than buying thiers:eek:. So i have a very simple solution for youT:, why dont you buy one, take it to bits and then you will have a full list of whats neededT:, buy the bits in bulk and start selling them to all that wish to buy themT: job done, everyones happy as of course you will pass any money that you intend to make as a discount off the finished itemI:

Anyway happy new year to all thats reading this post and hope that you all get a few down your neck laterT:

jay:ILU:

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I am a miserable git, but I can assure you that I will be buying a readymade headlight upgrade loom at £35 or so and I'll be happy to pay it.

It's remarkable value for money.
Any road I imagine that if I got all the gear for an uprated headlight loom for NOTHING I would still not have the skill to cut wires to correct length, solder properly, crimp securely etc. etc.

Was in ASDA this morning and bought two 4l packs of Castrol's finest at £10 each. Checked Halfrauds and it's £24 each. Eeeek!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bang on dudeT:, i do have staff to pay and do like to eat from time to timeI: and if i gave you the full instructions i wouldnt be protecting my company nor my staffT: just ask yourself bigmac, would you go into B&Q and ask for the cutting list of a wardrobe and explain that you wanted this to make your own rather than buying thiers:eek:. So i have a very simple solution for youT:, why dont you buy one, take it to bits and then you will have a full list of whats neededT:, buy the bits in bulk and start selling them to all that wish to buy themT: job done, everyones happy as of course you will pass any money that you intend to make as a discount off the finished itemI:

Anyway happy new year to all thats reading this post and hope that you all get a few down your neck laterT:

I,ll take that as a no thenI:ah well worth a try

·
Premium Member
700 Posts

·
Trade Member Plus
1,965 Posts
I am a miserable git, but I can assure you that I will be buying a readymade headlight upgrade loom at £35 or so and I'll be happy to pay it.

It's remarkable value for money.
Any road I imagine that if I got all the gear for an uprated headlight loom for NOTHING I would still not have the skill to cut wires to correct length, solder properly, crimp securely etc. etc.

Was in ASDA this morning and bought two 4l packs of Castrol's finest at £10 each. Checked Halfrauds and it's £24 each. Eeeek!
I,ll take that as a no thenI:ah well worth a try
im afraid so chapI: we are also able to supply the Osram night breaker or the Phillips extreme bulbs and these have been made for what seems many years, but only until recently have each bulb had seperate relay and fuses (something that was done by us), but im sure that most other kits have followed the trendT:, so it must a been a step in the right direction.

Good luck dude.

many thanks

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm sure you didnt mean the autospraks one exactly, more the wiring diagram like what autosparks sell... people have been doing it for years, autosparks didnt come up with it.

Here's an example, although it would be wise to use two relays and two fuses one for each headlight that way if one fuse goes then you only lose one headlight

http://www.matey-matey.com/uprated_headlight_wiring.shtml

http://www.matey-matey.com/tech_diag.shtml

Thanks for the info mateT:,makes you wonder sometimes that its not the caring and helpful forum as some people would make out,especially the traders trying to peddle there wares at the first chance they get and being backed up by the modsI:I:I,m sure one will be along to tell me otherwise

·
Trade Member Plus
1,965 Posts
Thanks for the info mateT:,makes you wonder sometimes that its not the caring and helpful forum as some people would make out,especially the traders trying to peddle there wares at the first chance they get and being backed up by the modsI:I:I,m sure one will be along to tell me otherwise
i do think that this is a very helpful and caring forum and all the traders are very fair offering free advice and information, but still think that being a trader is about selling some items that are useful for those that wish to buy them at a very competative priceI:.

I know that you cant please everyone, but all that have bought this are very happy with the quality and the price.

happy new year

1 - 20 of 33 Posts