VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I've just noticed that my main beam isn't working, although the normal (first click) lights work fine ... as do the fog lights. They anit dimming so it isn't a power issue. It's been driving fine for the last two weeks in daylight hours. So basically my problem is that I can't drive in the dark and see where i'm going! I have a daytime only van!

So I thought no problem the fuse has gone, i'll just swap the fuse and we are back on the road. Well ... I've just swapped all the fuses about and checked each one and it's NOT a fuse :(

Can anyone help out where I should be looking next? I've tried to pop the actual light switch out (later 96' LWB) but it seems it won't 'pop' out without something snapping. I've also thought about there being a relay I could check? or maybe even a wire that might have come off the battery? Can anyone help me solve this? T:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone>?
Or does anyone know how to removed the dash switch on the right non the wheel without breaking the plastic?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Do they work on main beam but not on dip?
If so, I would check the bulbs first. If they are ok, it could be related to the ignition because the lights go out when the ignition switch is turned off. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts