VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all looking for some advice on headlights or lack of... ive recently got a T5.1 which has daytime led,s in the headlights and also lightbars at the bottom of spoiler. i noticed the other day that on the passenger side one 1 of the lights had stopped working, it looked like water inside but now both of them have stopped which is annoying. i have checked the fuse which is under the bonnet which looks ok? , so looks like eiether a new set or a trip to garage or both. :mad:

The other thing im looking on advice is the headlights themselves which are just can only be descrided as yellow not white. I have looked at various websites Veedub, Transporter HQ , travelin-light but most of them have said they dont really improve that much from the standard ones that i have?? is this the case as i was going to get the bulb upgrade from Travelin light at the moment then complete headlights before end of Summer.

·
Registered
11,937 Posts
Morning Stevo , yes you have standard commercial type headlights (h4) by the look of it .
Dunno about your front spoiler drls cuz its an aftermarket jobbie so you'll have to do some
more digging on that one.
As for bulbs is it the drl within the headlights you want whiter or the headlights themselves?
Nightbreakers , Phillips +130's all help abit but in my experience the commercial headlights are never that great even with new bulbs .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi thanks for ur advice, I just want the lights to be brighter, I mean I was driving the van home the other night and without the full beam on I could hardly see where I was going. I have seen plenty of vans with the upgraded headlights which I might invest in but when I spoke to a few of them they have said not much of an improvement. That’s what made me think okay then I just spend £30 and get the bulb upgrade kit from travelin light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts