Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi all,

I've looked hi and low to try and find an answer for this one. Can't find it, appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.

My heat control is stuck on hot and I can only turn it slightly, video here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FFBMTvZ2bO3ju0w9NISNbByfxqe-1HlP

This is the front casing:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1d9R2VgcMYd1ypg5GpPl8O52u5o4IoIKo

Where to start? Can it be fixed? Should I get a new one? Any help is grand!

Cheers!T:
Sorry, should probably mention it's a Caravelle 2.5TDi 1996 model.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nah, just read through it all... I'm looking for a "how to" type thing. Don't want to venture into anything in a rush. I'd like to see some photos of what actually needs to be done. I've taken the outside casing off as you can see in vid and from what I can see, there are 4 screws holding it in place. Once they're off, then what? Cheers!

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
even to order a new one you'll need to take it apart so you know what to order, I'd say get stuck in and use camera to record what goes where.
I've had mine out (newer panel version though) and it was quite simple to do. When I got it out it looked like it was not put together correctly on day 1 as one of the levers was only on one of the two swivel points, and it was much to tight to have jumped off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
even to order a new one you'll need to take it apart so you know what to order, I'd say get stuck in and use camera to record what goes where.
I've had mine out (newer panel version though) and it was quite simple to do. When I got it out it looked like it was not put together correctly on day 1 as one of the levers was only on one of the two swivel points, and it was much to tight to have jumped off.
Makes sense I suppose... I'll have a crack at it. How much are we looking at for a new one?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts