VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there a numerous threads on this but having the door panel off 2m to upgrade speakers and thought I'd have a look at this issue.

My driver side heated mirror doesn't work. Changed the glass thinking it was that but it wasn't and there is nothing showing when putting a meter on the live. Passenger works fine.

Any ideas what this could be, dodgy earth?? If so does anyone know where the earth runs?

I was having trouble with my window switch, the auto down function not working. I think over time water had got into it. I cleaned the connectors and wd40'd them and that now seems to be working (touch wood). Would it be possible for water to have got into the mirror switch and has corroded it meaning it won't power the driver side!?

Thamks

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I think there's some sort of control module in each door for controlling the windows & mirror heaters (?). Could you swop these two units over, (from passenger door, which you know is working, to driver's door) & see if that cures your defect.
I assume the connections would be the same for both front doors so if the control units are handed at least you could electrically swop them just to check.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Don't suppose you know f this module is accessible from just removing the door card or is it a case of removing the metal panel aswell (which I'm led to believe is a fiddly job?)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi the heater in the mirror is controlled by the control box that is built onto the window regulator motor. It is not a seperate unit the whole motor/ controller must be replaced. best of luck Ken

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi the heater in the mirror is controlled by the control box that is built onto the window regulator motor. It is not a seperate unit the whole motor/ controller must be replaced. best of luck Ken
Thanks. That sounds expensive. Think I will just attack it with a can of wd40 and wiggle the odd wire here and there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts