VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone please give me some info on how to wire Front heated seats ....its the fuse box side of wiring ....I have 1x yellow/black
2xBrown
1xblue/grey
all have plugs fitted(female)...
if anyone can help with idiot proof instructions i would be very grateful,the seats are 2002 generation multivan if that helps ???
Cheers:(:(:(

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Someone must have fitted these seats and wired them up ,please help my dash is in tatters and there are wires everwhere ,I just want a warm **** !!!!I:

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
slap it......................works for me!

i think Rod has a diagram on VWbooks.co.uk

i am after the same info.
i'm sure 58A or B??? on the fuse board has somat to do with it. but i'm no spark and have been known to burn stuff. :eek:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Spock,I have this diagram but cant suss it out,I think the browns are earths that plug on the earth ring (left hand side of the fuse board)the bl/grey is the feed for illumination and the yellow/black is the main feed for the heaters ,not 100 % sure thats the case ,but its knowing were to plug um,dont want to go up in smoke !!,
Cheers anyway for the info ,might snoop round some vans at malvern and pick someones brains !..I thought by buying the loom it would be simple.......Live long and prosper!

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
mine got wired up by a spark. but the lights in the switches only came on when you opened the doors!

it is simple....just plug them in.

just not easy.......where is the other end of the plug going!!

i have the same seats and the same problem.
solidarity brother!! :ILU:

when you find out....let me know.

nanoo nannoo!

·
Banned
497 Posts
Hey boys!
Took a look at the wiring diagram for the heated front seats and think perhaps, that 'low spec' vans, ie basic panel vans etc (like mine!!), do not have all the relevant wiring.
But after studying the diagram, it looks like if you tap into the large yellow/black wire coming from the 30 amp fuse in the fusebox, that should be ample to power your seats. This 30amp fuse powers the heated rear window.
Let me know how you get on???H:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers Guyster,plugged the 2 browns in the earth ring,blue to the lighting circuit and the power(yellow) to the heated screen wire (cut and butted and insulated),had it checked out by a A1 auto electrian and seats only draw 10amps.Sorted at long last (well aweek).Toasted **** n back lovely.....Thanks again Guy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts