VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My heater works fine, there is variation in the dial as in it will blow really hot when dial all the way round, and cooler when half way.

However when right on cold it still blows warm air, which is a pain because i dont get the most from the air con.

The valve on the heater pipe in the engine bay is moving as it should, but there is still about 5mm between the valve lever and the stop when the dial is turned to cold. Is that normal or should it be up against the stop.

I tried undoing that little bolt that i thought would hold the lever on so tht i could adjust it, but it span round and did nothing.

Any thoughts?

Its a '97 t4 1.9td

Sam

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
Turn the cab knob to the cold position. Unclip the cable outer near the valve under the bonnet. Rotate the lever forward to the stop. Reclip the cable outer. Put a drop of oil on the inner cable where it enters the outer to lube the cable. Job done. T:

Sometimes this problem is down to a broken cab control at the dash.

This should become a sticky / faq. It has been asked a gazillion times before.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I will print that off and give it to the VW garage that installed a new heater in my van....I took off for Europe in the summer and nearly roasted to death!
Thanks. *<:)>

·
Registered
746 Posts
thankfully I saw a post that said using Google to search generally brought up T4 Forum responses as my new van does just this!
Will try it this week as it was way toasty on the motorway home and the wind through drivers window was doing my brain in.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've posted in electrical about the heater blowing hot on the floor between the front seats of my Velle when I have the rear aircon switched on - is this problem related ?

If I switch rear aircon off, no problem, but when its on, its blowing boiling hot on the floor between the front seats. Front aircon works perfectly regardless and blows nice and cold while this hot stuff is blowing if the rear airtcon is on.

Advice would be appreciated guys. Many thanks - :confused::confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts