VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help??? i have 99 t4 and one of the arms on the right hand side of the heater control panal has snapped! could it be replaced with one out of a vw unit? are they the same? i have been reading the forum and some say that a mk 4 polo are the same and some asy a mk 3 golf are the same. my dials are the ones with the small control in the middle. the more threads i read the more confused im getting!! as they may look the same but are diffrent.and thoses who look difrrent may have the same inturnails. can anyone give me some addvise please.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
lots look the same on the front but are very different on the back. i bought a cheap one off a 99 passat and it was different on the back. ive heard that the mk4 polo is the same but the mk3 golf is deffo different coz i had a mk3 16v gti and that was different on the back. im still hunting for one to fit mine. happy hunting. T:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Don't forget to replace the heater cable that caused the problem in the first place....

Or do what I did (after trying to fix the heater control and failing) and replace the heater tap under the bonnet with a brass ball valve and operate it is manually. If I ever get around it I'll change the tap again to a 12V brass solenoid and just flick a switch...

·
Registered
399 Posts
I remember seeing a post on here some time ago where you can drill out the arm and insert the pin out of a pop rivet, It might take some finding but do a search and see if you can find it. Dont forget to do a link for others.T:

·
Registered
212 Posts
I am running a mk4 polo unit in my 98 van. Just the fronts of the units need swapping over
thats excellent,

i just looked on ebay and there on there for far less than the t4 one!
is the rear unit the same? as in the fixing holes and the electrical plugs?

cheers,
craig.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts