VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, took a deep breath and stumped up the VW tax and bought a T5 panel van,
have fitted windows to it and am generally making it my van.

Have spent hrs web surfing to no avail about changing heater controls from red lights to blue,
was surprised to find nothing, I thought with all the customising scene for T5's there'd be someone who's done this, love the blue backlighting on the dash and would like to replicate it on the heater controls,
has anyone got any ideas/solutions.
Yours hopefully

·
Special Rapporteur
8,616 Posts
I doubt it would be massively hard, if you like dismantling electronic stuff. Probably the best route would be to find a heater panel of a similar shape from another VW of approximately the same age but with blue backlighting, dismantle both, desolder the LEDs from both and swap them over. You ~might~ have to also swap some other minor components, because red and blue LEDs have slightly different electrical characteristics - but probably not.

Obviously you have to like working with SMD components, but it's one of those things that you get better at with practice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for reply triffic, looks like that's the only option at present, was hoping someone had done it already and had a working method, maybe I can pick up old one and practise on it !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts