VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone changed the heater selector (the bit that puts it on your feet or screen) mine has a mind of it's own seems it's common on these.

Do i have to change everything or just the the control on the right?
Are they expensive?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I can't offer much help sorry but I'm interested in replies as I seem to have the same issue and my direction switch is stiff sometimes - also the control knob has come off and has broken at the back where it pushes on.

Can't find a knob on it's own and been told by my garage (who i do trust) that I need a whole unit (both knobs in a unit) at £75 + VAT. I guess that might solve the direction switch problems?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
115 Posts
That`s just the ticket for me as well A:A:A: cos i can`t get the "fresh air", front vents to work. :(

Can anybody confirm that when it`s fixed, with the replacement "solid" cable from VW (as mentioned at the top of the Brickyard link) then you still can`t move the dial clockwise from 12 to 3 position?. Or does this completely fix the issue????

Thanks, T:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That`s just the ticket for me as well A:A:A: cos i can`t get the "fresh air", front vents to work. :(

Can anybody confirm that when it`s fixed, with the replacement "solid" cable from VW (as mentioned at the top of the Brickyard link) then you still can`t move the dial clockwise from 12 to 3 position?. Or does this completely fix the issue????

Thanks, T:
I read it as just don't turn it that way every again and life will be with warm feet and a clear view, could be wrong though.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Dragging this old post back up... Mine are dead to, the center fan control knob just spins round and round, I have tried stripping it but with no joy!

Anyone got any idea of the part number for this unit?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts