VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My heater doesn't seem to blow anything on speeds 1 & 2 but works fine on 3 & 4, had a caddy on hire while our roof was done and that seemed to be the same. Is this just a VW van thing or is it something I can fix??? :*

·
Registered
177 Posts
Na! mine blows fine one speed 1 & 2
dont kow what has caused yours to stop working, sorry, could be a dodgy switch or something with the fan its self, I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had a similar problem on my 04 T5, only worked on 4, The problem was the heater blower series resistor, cheap enough to buy and replaced it myself in about an hour, was under the dash on the passenger side. Hope this helps further.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Mine also played up only worked on the 4th setting, I'm not sure if it is the resistor pack that's playing up but you can always pop down to maplins and buy a 240C resistor for under a £1! I cut off the old resistor from the resistor pack! and replaced as you can I attached it with terminal blocks.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/thermal-fuses-470

Saved my self £30 or so....

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:(

Bummer, tried the resistor replacement as per the pic but still fan on setting 3&4 but not on 1&2. Do you think it's the whole resistor pack or something else?

Thanks

T:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Shame! it never worked. Normally the fuse only really affects 1,2,3.
Could be your resistor pack :( but I'm not 100% sure... maybe someone could confirm this? I think there is a way to work it out with a multimeter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have the same problem with my heater blower and also tried the quick fix but still no joy, but have to say the the resistor does look abit worse for wear, have emailed my local dealer for a price on an new one :(

·
Registered
37 Posts
hi i went through the process and it worked for a while, however to replace the resister it only cost £15.00 on e bay all the problems went away and now we have all setings 1234 with heat hope this helpsRasp:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Mine also played up only worked on the 4th setting, I'm not sure if it is the resistor pack that's playing up but you can always pop down to maplins and buy a 240C resistor for under a £1! I cut off the old resistor from the resistor pack! and replaced as you can I attached it with terminal blocks.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/thermal-fuses-470

Saved my self £30 or so....
done mine yesterday .... all heater settings now work T: T: T: 82p is the cheapest fix yet on my van, the resistor was 216c but maplins only had lower or higher, i went for 228c, that was the next one up
cheers

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1 - 15 of 15 Posts