VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

New T4 owner here so excuse any daft questions - VW T4 2.5l TDI 1999 Camper conversion

The heater unit seems to be stuck on the warmest setting, with no change when adjusting the heat dial. Heat only seems to come from the side vents (right of the driver side and left of the passengers side) with the 3 centre vents just blowing cold air (again despite where the heat dial is pointing)...any ideas on what i need to do to fix this?

Hope that makes sense. Side vents always blow hot air - centre vents always blow cool air despite dial setting.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,038 Posts
Check the valve in the engine bay actually moves....common problem the dial arm breaks....
Centre vents always blow cold, unless you have aircon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the valve in the engine bay actually moves....common problem the dial arm breaks....
Centre vents always blow cold, unless you have aircon.
Thanks! Do you have anyway of showing what I'm looking for in the engine bay? Not sure where id find the dial arm or the 'valve'.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hello ellgregg ....
As Or_GazM said ...like the name by the way lol...the centre vents only blow cold air...all the time...thats how its supposed to be....
The outer vents should be adjustable though....and VALVE IN THE ENGINE BAY (edited):) is this ...

It might also be the actual heater control ARMS (edited) :) themselves...the plastic where the cables attach on the back sometimes snap.
I really need to clean my engine bay ...it gives the impression that its dirty and old :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts