VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The heater controls (Temperature and Vent Distribution) have always been stiff on my 2009 shuttle (with A/C). I've searched it before and am aware there is an issue with cables.

This week the Temp control went completely loose, and it blows cold whatever the position. So now I have to address it. I might as well change both.

Looking up the previous threads, I can find the Brickyard photos about changing the vent distribution cable, and various threads pointing to the TPS part number for the improved solid core replacement, but nothing about the temperature cable.

Has anyone replaced this cable?
Is there a solid core improved replacement part?
Is there any guidance on how to do it?

TIA

·
Registered
61 Posts
Anyone able to provide up to date information on this?

I found some conflicting information on older threads:

It seems the part numbers are

7H 2819835 blue/green =the original direction control cable ( braided cable)
7H 2819837 blue/red = the temperature control cable ( solid)

People were suggesting using the red/solid cable for both to a void the common problem of the braided cable ( green) on the direction control kinking and preventing rotation of the direction control dial.
Others commented that the red/solid cable was shorter than the standard braided green cable and also pre bent to reach the temperature control dial..............both of which seem to provide potential for problems if used as the direction control cable.

Has VW updated any of this this? Anyone done a cable replacement recently?

My vehicle is a 2006 T5 2.5 shuttle.

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
Anyone able to provide up to date information on this?

I found some conflicting information on older threads:

It seems the part numbers are

7H 2819835 blue/green =the original direction control cable ( braided cable)
7H 2819837 blue/red = the temperature control cable ( solid)

People were suggesting using the red/solid cable for both to a void the common problem of the braided cable ( green) on the direction control kinking and preventing rotation of the direction control dial.
Others commented that the red/solid cable was shorter than the standard braided green cable and also pre bent to reach the temperature control dial..............both of which seem to provide potential for problems if used as the direction control cable.

Has VW updated any of this this? Anyone done a cable replacement recently?

My vehicle is a 2006 T5 2.5 shuttle.
I changed the dierection control cable (green) the other week with the help of Hoovie on here.
I would need to search out the part number but the guy at TPS knew what I was after.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts