VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me why my heater vents are blowing cold air ... the side vents are fine, only blows cold from centre vents..... hmmm... anyone got any ideas... much appreciated...

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
Its a feature not a fault.

The centre vents only blow cold, all the rest blow whatever is selected on the heater switch.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a feature not a fault.

The centre vents only blow cold, all the rest blow whatever is selected on the heater switch.
cheers for that neal... your a gent, but i'd rather them blow hot.... why is it a feature... dont see the reason for it.... p.s... cracking job on your van.... i'm loving your work....nice..........................................................................................

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
I don't really know what the logic behind it is ?
seems odd really, but at least its not something that's broken :D

I just shut them off when its cold, but you get used to it and its quite good to be able to have toasty warn feet but refreshing cool air in your face ?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Aye i thought it was a fault as well but its actuall quite good in the summer, i always have paperwork in the van so opening the windows make it like the final part of the crystal maze in the cab so those centre blowers are a godsend!

·
Registered
498 Posts
unless you have AIRCON then they blow hot!
Or an original 151ps German spec vehicle, for some reason these have warm air in the centre too. It says so in the Veedub owners manual.

Hmmm

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bit queer this init i have both a caravelle and an aa van and when i got my van i also thought it was broken!!!!
I find it quite strange, cannot for the life of me think why this could possibly be a feature... i'd much prefer HOT air... got used to it now anyway, i just keep them off...

·
Registered
498 Posts
The other thing I find difficult to live with is when you turn the heat up full to clear misty windows, then after a bit the cab gets red hot, so you turn it back down, BUT takes ages to go normal temp again, so your eyeballs dry outLOL: Seems to me on other vehicles there is a divert flap to route the air away from the heater matrix when not running warm air, yet the T4 seems to rely only on the flow of water through the matrix stopping, and cooling down hence the delay!!

Anyone else find this!?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts