VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any ideas peeps?? when i turn the heater control knob to cold, the outer vents, and windscreen vents stay hot?? its bloomin annoying when its warmand sunny??

any ideas why it could be doing this?? thought i'd get to the bottom of it while my dash is out?

The little valve on the end of the cable is working fine by the way, as i've checked, and had the pipe off on the end to varify that its opening and closing.

Also - do the central vents always stay on cold?? as it looks like they are in the blower system pre heater matrix?? so im guessing these will never be warm??

·
Registered
342 Posts
It's your control panel thats faulty, common fault.......about £80 to fix.
Do a search for heater controls, plenty of info.:ILU:

·
Registered
372 Posts
if your going to fit new heater controls check the cable to the valve isn't kinked as this could help to break the next heater control. i fixed my old one and so far so good and saved me a couple of quid. its quite straight forward to remove and take apart as long as you are careful.
it could be one of the arms broken or the arm has popped out of place.

·
Registered
11,711 Posts
I replaced mine a few years back and the heat can not be turned off on the side and down vets. Center are always cold.

seems like there is not quite enough movement controll to turn the water flow off fully.

·
Registered
682 Posts
There is loads of info on the site on this subject. The centre are always cold as they are just fresh air vents although they can blow warm if you are stuck in traffic but that is only cos the fresh air is being heated by the hot engine it's passing over (apparently), mine does this but once you get moving it goes cold again. There is a wire cable that often comes loose so when you turn the heater control, it moves the cable but the cable doesn't move the valve. Do a search on here, there are comments and photos all over the place on this subject. T:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Also - do the central vents always stay on cold?? as it looks like they are in the blower system pre heater matrix?? so im guessing these will never be warm??
Old work van did this from new so I am guessing its how they are meant to be!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, i've had a look now, and its how they are supposed to be :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
rixy i know i will sound like a plum saying this but mine was doing the same after playing around i had the re-circ button pushed in, turned it off now ok

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
will check this, as my recirc button has never worked - however upon removing the dash i realised it was unplugged from its vacuum feed - its all plugged back in now, so will have to check when the engine is back in :)

·
Registered
498 Posts
The centre are always cold as they are just fresh air vents although they can blow warm if you are stuck in traffic but that is only cos the fresh air is being heated by the hot engine it's passing over
Very true, although I have noticed mine is much worse without the plastic cowling around the pollen filter. Makes sense as this channels the incoming air from the bonnet vents instead of the hot engine bay. If yours is missing, this will make a big difference...

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nope, mines all present and correct Rasp:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts