VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My heater in my t4 1999 v reg 2.5 tdi is playing up it is hot in the outer vents but cold in the centre one what's that all about
can someone help please. :*

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My heater in my t4 1999 v reg 2.5 tdi is playing up it is hot in the outer vents but cold in the centre one what's that all about
can someone help please. :* Also the outer vent stay hot when control on cold
xxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I think that is how it is supposed to work I: Unless you have an aircon the centre vents are supposed to give you fresh air whilst the van is heated by the other vents. Great for long journeys when you want to be warm but need fresh air to keep you alert.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Yep, what they have said. The centre vents are fresh air only. Sounds odd I know but sometimes I find it very good to have a little fresh air as well as having the heating on.

You do get used to it! T:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
The centre fresh air vents are a great system and I really like them! My van has no air con but it has fresh air vents in the middle which are very useful indeed. On the other hand my Caravelle has aircon but no fresh air vents! Such is life!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well it makes no sense to me but I will go with the flow
Thanks for your help everyone A: T:

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
well it makes no sense to me but I will go with the flow
Thanks for your help everyone A: T:
Makes perfect sense to have fresh air to your face and hot air to everywhere else...why would you want hot air blowing on you face, drying your eyes and making you tired...:*

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well talking of stupid questions should my dials light up when I put my lights on because mine do not

·
Registered
574 Posts
Is the dimmer turned down? small roller switch next to the light switch T:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
can someone help please. :*
how can I change the bulb in my heater control switch A:

·
Registered
805 Posts
remember when i bought my van, driving it home, only about ten miles, the things that went through my mind when i noticed the cold centre blowers, lol, aw naw, it must be the head gasket, i have been ripped off, the temp gauge hasn't moved lol, i was 2 minutes from my house when the temp gauge moved then google about the heaters:D

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
well talking of stupid questions should my dials light up when I put my lights on because mine do not
Have you checked the fuse..fuse box is below steering wheel,to right, and applications should be marked on inside of cover..T:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts