VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
My heaters in my 03 t4 take about 20 minutes to get warm. i thought thay would of been really good ...
are thay broke ??

·
I have noticed I can't spell
6,177 Posts
They take a while its a big block to warm up :ILU:

I live Newhaven way and they get hot about by the pier Rasp: LOL:

·
Registered
310 Posts
It is worth just making sure that the heater control is working. They break off at the control unit. Make sure the cable is moving in the engine bay.

·
Registered
310 Posts
The cable comes through the bulk head the the right hand side quite high up and joins a water pipe junction. So it is a cable joining a rubber water pipe. If you get someone to move the control you should see it. You can see that it opens a gate to let hot water in. If it fails it could be in any position. So hot cold or just open so hot but takes a long time.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
My heater works brilliantly when it finally gets warm.. but it takes a good 10-15 minutes for the temp gauge to lift off zero and head for the normal 90, and only then does the heater start to do anything..

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
My heater takes abut 10mins on my velle to warm up, i know the exact bit of road on the trip to work where the heater starts to pump warm air out properly, and the gauge starts to move!

John R

1 - 8 of 8 Posts