VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one have a cheaper alternative heating system in their van rather than having the eberspacher heaters just toying with the idea of maybe fitting some sort of gas or diesel heater with blow heating but it's tough on a budget!!!!!

·
Registered
711 Posts
I have a propex, half th price of an Eberspacher T:

Paul

·
Registered
543 Posts
I've only got a camping gas 907 in my van for the cooker. How long does a proper take to empty one? Are you guys using camping gaz or larger calor tanks? I know it depends on how long you use it for but on an average sept weekend away would the 907 be up to it. It's the one that costs £20 to fill.

Rich

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I used to have an oil filled rad from Argos when on site. Eg 240v ticked over nice much like home heating and not a fan heater that is dry heat. but now have eberspatcher

·
Registered
112 Posts
ive got 907 as well ive been away for a total of about 25 nights so far and theres still loads of gas left in the bottle we us it quite a lot because we have a 23 month old baby to keep warm

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
we have a oil filled rad that sits in the foot space in the splitty, its very nice, silent and just keeps the van warn

of course its 240 V, but with a hook up thats fine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts