VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

New to this forum which has been highly recomended by friends. I am off to a van auction next wednesday to bid on an ex AA van. Any tips on what I should look out for before bidding?
Thanks,

·
BMW? You gotta be serious!
13,223 Posts
welcome to the forum, as for the auction look the vehicle over carefully, see if there is any history with the vehicle, this surely must be the last batches of aa t4s going now?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Re: Hello,

Hello. I bought my EX AA 2.5 last month, very pleased with it, lots of cleaning out needed, sold the vision alert on the bay, mine was missing head rests, seems like lots of stuff gets removed from them, mine had rear door damage but already got a one piece door for it so no problems, I have a near side rear door that will be put on the bay soon, so if you happen to to be looking at a bargain with rear door damage? then you could always source a EX AA door, mine? only problem I'm in the midlands so bit of a distance from you, prices are the best ive known them at moment, GOOD LUCK.T:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Hello,

It all seem pretty good. I have shortlisted to 10 so surely I should get a descent one. I guess I will be spending a fair bit of time on E-bay to kit it up.
Thanks for that, I will keep an eye on the door!!
Cheers,

·
Registered
161 Posts
the beacons sell for about 80 quid on ebay the tool boxes in the back can fetch 100 plus and the folding rear seat about 150 ish..

they have been regliary serviced but the clutches can be a bit worn..

first gear is a bit too tall to pull away if towing imho.

but in general they are bomb proof. i know i bought my old one before it hit the auctions..

heres my baby after the paint..

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
D-day tomorrow, off to the auction and I will hopefully drive back with my little beauty.
Thanks a lot for all the advice and welcome, I will keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Hi Frenchyzz1

welcome to the forum

T4's are pretty bombproof but as mentioned (especially with ex AA) check the Clutch.

Just had one fitted today on mine and was originally quoted £850 + vat:eek: Got my local garage to do it for £540 all in.

Rob

·
Registered
844 Posts
Hi Frenchyzz1

Hope you did well at the auction. One word of advice that I did take heed off form fellow members was to check prices at my local VW dealer first. If you can get the serial number and take that with a description they (well VW Heritage in Bristol anyway) fall over themselves to help. Try vagcat.com (online VW Audi cat) or numbers and basic drawings, you have to "create" a trade account name (poetic license).
Enjoy
WillH:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts