VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well hello everyone, im Chris and iv just got myself a 1.9TD SWB Transporter after trading in the mk4 20vt.

Must say i have fallen in love with the T4 and have had a cheesy grin on my face since picking her up at the weekend.

Have had a T25 in the past which almost put me off the Transporter due to the never ending list of problems.

The T4 runs beautiful, she's just had loads of engine work done and got it with full MOT.

Plans for the moment is to get some seats fitted in the back for the kids, managed to pick up a bench seat with belts from a mini bus. and i will be doing a window conversion before summer hits.

Not quite sure what else will be doing to it yet but just looking forward to loading it up and going for a mish at the weekends with the Family.

Will hopefully have more to tell as time goes on..

Here are some photos! Cheers!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Hi fella and welcome.....i really like the chrome wheel arches...but im afraid wifey dosent like them...whos bus is it anyway i keep telling her...only joking its nice that shes getting into involved very addictive this T4 lark.......anyway mate nice looking bus only got my bus end of last summer and really enjoying her like you im grinning everytime i drive her...
T:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers guys, im really happy with it! Hooked already, looking forward to personalising it and yes probably ending up with an empty wallet also haha.

·
Registered
241 Posts
hello and welcome T: they do empty your pockets but the smiles make it all worth while :D

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Welcome to the forum - enjoy!

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Well hello everyone, im Chris and iv just got myself a 1.9TD SWB Transporter after trading in the mk4 20vt.
Nice van fella- welcome to the forum. I used to have a Golf 20vt with 224bhp- miss it dearly, but hey, I still got my driving license ;)

Oh yeah- and deep pockets................... x

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice van fella- welcome to the forum. I used to have a Golf 20vt with 224bhp- miss it dearly, but hey, I still got my driving license ;)

Oh yeah- and deep pockets................... x
Haha best way to look at it, did like the Golf but they are not the best famiy car. Mine was prob running at about the same BHP.

Think its gonna be T4 all the way now :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks all, Got the seats in yesterday and she is coming together nicely! Found great place to get windows cheap also.

Have hit a little snag with bit of an oil leak from the filter housing though. looks like im off to have a look though the technical section now for some info...

Might have to start a build thread soon..

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks all, Got the seats in yesterday and she is coming together nicely! Found great place to get windows cheap also.

Have hit a little snag with bit of an oil leak from the filter housing though. looks like im off to have a look though the technical section now for some info...

yeah, keep the photos coming :) lovely van T:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

Think there was something on here about a nut that sits inside of housing-just up threaded part where filter screws on!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts