VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A quick hello to all.

I manage to locate a T5.1 at a dealer in Kent that ticked all the boxes, almost, and got my first ever VW.

I had driven T5s before as the HVAC company used the as their vehicles of choice & really like them. Now I have my own.

It came with a limited history, service history is in the book, but no receipts.

I am hoping to try to find out more about the modifications that have been carried out & by who.

Looking forward to getting to some shows.

Thanks

Mark

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive design Head restraint Mode of transport Vehicle
Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Car Automotive design

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi There
Thanks,

I'm looking at options for a bed so can use for weekends or longer away.
and I'm sure there will be other mods I'll need to do,

Cheers

Registered
Welcome to the forum! Looks like a great van you've got! 馃憤
Really like those seats. Looks pretty similar to my van with the Caravelle rail conversion in the back too, provides a really flexible layout.
You could get the Caravelle full-width bench seat for the rear which drops down in to a bed (have it in my van) and then you can either use a Multiflex bed extension board (or make your own), or fold the single seats to extend the bed.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is it pure grey ? Exec seating ? Banded 18's ?
Hi.
Sorry for the late replies, been away with very sketchy internet.
It is pure grey, full caravelle rails with 4 exec seats in the rear. Wheels are 20鈥 Staggered Navis domes, without the chrome centre caps. They came with the T5 but don鈥檛 look right.
Suspension is a full Accuair e-Level system .

Thanks for all the messages, if anybody knows any history of the T5 , it would be nice to know.

Thanks again

Mark

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wheels need black centres in or at least caps on the nuts and small centres . :unsure:
Hi
You must have read my mind, I wasn't happy with the Silver bolts & no hub caps.
Contacted Transporter HQ about wheel bolt options for the Navis Domes & found out that the wrong bolts had been fitted, Taper seat bolts.
So ordered a set of black radius seat bolt with locking bolts.
Also found some alloy wheel centre caps that fit the centre of the hubs, with a bit of modification. Done the same with the front wheels.
Looks much better, but still looking to improve, maybe.

Wheels are a bit grubby, had just done 200 miles through some dodgy weather.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to the forum! Looks like a great van you've got! 馃憤
Really like those seats. Looks pretty similar to my van with the Caravelle rail conversion in the back too, provides a really flexible layout.
You could get the Caravelle full-width bench seat for the rear which drops down in to a bed (have it in my van) and then you can either use a Multiflex bed extension board (or make your own), or fold the single seats to extend the bed.
Hi
Thanks for the info, I will look in to those options. Will have to do a bit of measuring to see if the triple seat, when folded, will clear the rear speaker towers. hopefully it will.
Have to catch up with someone to compare the sizes, at a show, maybe.

Cheers

Registered
If you need any measurements for the rear triple just give me a shout - the Caravelle's lose a lot of space down each side due the plastic trim panels.
Looking at your rear speaker pods, it definitely wouldn't be able to slide all the way to the back, but it would be fine further forwards and allow you to use a multiflex board / legs to make a bed from.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts