VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am just buying a t5 and had a couple of questions. I am new to this game so please forgive my stupidity!

I have got a swb and need three seats in the back. When I have looked at dropping in a full width bed, the seat bench would be sat toward the back of the van obliterating my boot space. I think this is to do with wheel arches? Can anyone advise if there are other options?

My stick lady wife is not keen on the current white. The roof and mirrors are in a gun metal grey. Would it look too awful to paint the bonnet only in the same grey? I am worried about the clash with the grill.

Jonny

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
There are plenty of beds/seats out there...and I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell you the best in there opinion.....and as for the bonnet colour change.....there's loads out there with different colour bonnets....usually black but iv seen all colours....its really down to individual choice

Oh and welcome to the forum.....all the info you'll ever need is here.....try the search function or just Google your question and itl probably bring you back to the forum.....Google does work better most of the timeI:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Go or the Caravelle rear 3 seat on the floor rails, there are lots for sale on fleabay and there are a few members on here who deal in seats and interiors. They can be expensive, especially the floor rails but you will be able then to slide the seat forward and have as much boot space as u want. the added bonus of this is that the genuine vw seat folds down into a full width bed and has the seatbelts fitted to it and being vw is already crash tested unlike a lot of rock n roll beds. also on the bonnet front, why not buy a bra and cover it that way, lots of designs available and cheaper than painting.T:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts